Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | 2018 Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: I know it's not a Buick, but I thought I'd share anyway
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    goobee is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2011 Opel Insignia CXL T07

Re: I know it's not a Buick, but I thought I'd share anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    That's not a bad deal overall. I'm used to BMW pricing where they get you for even more.

Still only have around 1400 miles on the car and enjoy it as is so far, but possibly in the future.
    Get it, you know you want it!

Quote Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
    You must think we're all idiots if you expect us to believe the tune nearly doubles the torque of the motor across the entire RPM range.

Why are you're dyno'ing in 2nd gear?

I wonder if customer dynos of this tune will show it barely making 5% gains like the GS tune Laxnut tried.
    You sound the same as the people who doubted the LNF cobalt SS / HHR SS Trifecta tunes also. No way those cars could have that much whp from a tune and bolt ons only.
    Those people in there higher priced sport cars became believers once they got there asses handed to them by a Cobalt SS or HHR SS with just bolts ons and tunes only without even cracking the engine open
    Last edited by CXLTsouth; March 23rd, 2013 at 08:33 AM.

2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo Trifecta Tuned "In Vince We Trust"

Exactly ^

And the LTG in the ATS is 13% more efficient than the LNF was and has a much better HPFP than the LNF. The reason we never saw this kind of power on the LNF (though we got close) was due to pushing the HPFP past its limits and running out of fueling

Performance Parts and Custom Automotive Tuning
    customersupport@badnewsracing.net
    www.badnewsracing.net

Quote Originally Posted by CXLTsouth View Post
    You sound the same as the people who doubted the LNF cobalt SS / HHR SS Trifecta tunes also. No way those cars could have that much whp from a tune and bolt ons only.
    Those people in there higher priced sport cars became believers once they got there asses handed to them by a Cobalt SS or HHR SS with just bolts ons and tunes only without even cracking the engine open
    Yeah, I'm sure that's it. Turn up the boost a few pounds, push the timing a little and double the torque at the wheels. Please...

I'm still waiting for that promised dyno.

Yeah, I'm sure that's it. Turn up the boost a few pounds, push the timing a little and double the torque at the wheels. Please...

http://buickforums.com/forums/showth...t=29418&page=9

Check the thread posted above

Quote Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
    Check the thread posted above
    So he went from 227hp / 259ft-lb at the wheels to 270hp / 291ft-lb. That's believable.

150hp / 158ft-lb at the wheels to 287hp / 281ft-lb not so much. Especially with some supposed 45% driveline losses.

That's also on 93 octane vs E85 (104 octane) and the ATS has a different engine, the LTG vs LHU in the regal. The LHU is basically a gen 1.5 engine vs the true gen 2 LTG

We can get +70HP out of the ATS on 91 octane with just a tune

Laxnut is talking with me about tuning for E85 next. So expect him to blow through the 300whp mark shortly

So he went from 227hp / 259ft-lb at the wheels to 270hp / 291ft-lb. That's believable.

150hp / 158ft-lb at the wheels to 287hp / 281ft-lb not so much. Especially with some supposed 45% driveline losses.

Here's a fact for you the first gen ecotec 2.0 turbo LNF was rated at 260hp / 260tq at the flywheel. With a tune and bolt on's only (not even a turbo upgrade people made 320-340 whp and 360-380 wtq (depending on how agressive the tune was) on 93 octane. More with E-85 and even more with a simple bolt on turbo and fuel mods. Heck there are bolt on 500 whp turbos for the LNF.

Thats a fact, head on over to cobaltss.net and surf the forums to your hearts desire on all the dyno sheets that prove it.

The nice thing about the CXL turbo's is you can run any gas you want 87-E85 and the ecu/sensor/tune will automatically adjust accordingly. Mix and match gas, it doesn't matter. Thats one advantage the CXL turbo has over the GS. Yes the GS can be tuned for E85 and blends but you have to run the same gas its tuned for every time or swap tunes for the appropriate gas. The CXL turbo, you could be running 91 octane go fill up half your tank with E85 and the computer/tune will adjust for the mixture automatically without having to a different tune file. Similar to the Smart Octane tuning for the ATS.
    Last edited by CXLTsouth; March 24th, 2013 at 09:41 PM.

Our Solstice GXP (LNF) went from 260hp/tq at the crank to 380HP and 404TQ AT THE WHEELS on E85.

NOTE: BNR DOES NOT CONDONE SPEEDING OR RACING ON ANYWHERE OTHER THAN A CLOSED TRACK

This is one of my customers on E47 - 50/50 blend of E85 and 93

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbFrJmZp1ig[/ame]

This is one of my customers cars on E85 -

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3DLWNfqQJQ[/ame]

jimmyh is offline Floating like a Buick My Buick(s): 15 Enclave, 16 Verano Turbo, 2010 Camaro SS

I believe there are 2.0T out there making stupid power. I also believe they have drivetrain that is living on borrowed time.

jimmyh is offline Floating like a Buick My Buick(s): 15 Enclave, 16 Verano Turbo, 2010 Camaro SS

That said, what's involved in bumping a verano turbo to around 280 bhp? +30 shouldn't be too taxing on the drivetrain if used in moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyh View Post
    I believe there are 2.0T out there making stupid power. I also believe they have drivetrain that is living on borrowed time.
    I don't know about that, we've been tuning the turbo cobalts since 2008 and have yet to run into any problems. Zzperformance took theirs to over 700WHP before anything broke.

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyh View Post
    That said, what's involved in bumping a verano turbo to around 280 bhp? +30 shouldn't be too taxing on the drivetrain if used in moderation.
    Not hard to do at all. We can give you a tune that has the commanded torque set to whatever you want and the ECM will calculate the needed boost/timing/fueling to get you there.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information