3100 engine

German

Buick Ownership
1995 Century Limited for export
I have a 1995 Century Limited with a 3100 SFI V6 engine. I need to buy the engine gaskets and bolts kit, but I have a problem, every where I went to buy the parts I found that they do not know about this engine, what they tell me is that is the same as the 3.1 EFI engine, but in the past a had bought some parts and the did not fit my engine not all the parts are interchangeable with the 3100 engine.
Since my car was built for the European market, Buick put different Vin numbers son when I try to buy parts in the US is not used because the number does not work in the US parts book.
Does anyone can help me sort this out, and tell me where can I buy the correct gasket kit.

Regards.
German
PD. Sorry for my English.

German

Buick Ownership
You have the 3.1L M-code (L82), Not the 3100 SFI (LG8) which didn't come out until the year 2000.
Do you have ball & pivot rocker arms (1st design), or roller rockers (2nd design)? There is a difference in the gaskets & push rod guides!

1995 BUICK CENTURY 3.1L V6 Cylinder Head Gasket / Set | RockAuto
1995 BUICK CENTURY 3.1L V6 Cylinder Head Bolt | RockAuto
That this picture will help identify the engine.

Thanks for you help

Attachments

German

Buick Ownership
You have the 3.1L M-code (L82), Not the 3100 SFI (LG8) which didn't come out until the year 2000.
Hi.
This a picture of the car engine, do not know if this engine came out in 2000, but my car is 1995, may be since Buick built this for export they put this engine for the overseas market.
By the way it only have less that 20,000 miles, thats wy I want to keep it, it was my mother´s.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
HotZ28 is asking if you can take the front valve cover off and take a picture of the rocker arms. This will tell us which engine you have.

hitshane

Buick Newbie
Saint Petersburg, FL
Buick Ownership
2005 Century Custom
Hi.
This a picture of the car engine, do not know if this engine came out in 2000, but my car is 1995, may be since Buick built this for export they put this engine for the overseas market.
By the way it only have less that 20,000 miles, thats wy I want to keep it, it was my mother´s.

Thanks for your help
That's the L82. In your picture the plenum has the horizontal lines in the design of the aluminum, that is the first designed when they went from multi-port fuel injection to an SFI system. It is the last generation of the 3.1 even though it says SFI on the plenum. From 1999 on the engine was a new model 3100 SFI LG8 and the plenum does not have the horizontal lines in the design. It is smooth.

The LG8 > year 1999, looks like this...
Screenshot_20181014-005002_YouTube.jpg

Buick Ownership
Do you have ball & pivot rocker arms (1st design), or roller rockers (2nd design)? There is a difference in the gaskets & push rod guides!

1995 BUICK CENTURY 3.1L V6 Cylinder Head Gasket / Set | RockAuto
1995 BUICK CENTURY 3.1L V6 Cylinder Head Bolt | RockAuto
How would I know this, in Europe is not easy to finde a mecanic that can serve Buicks automobiles, in fact the dealer here in France did close and left us Buick owners on our own.
Down below is a picture of my car engine and is a 1995 model. Can you tell by the picture wich engine seals and bolts kit should I buy.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.