Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: 2012 Buick Regal GS Review

Red face 2012 Buick Regal GS Review

On the 2012 GS.

I love my 2012 GS for a number of reasons. First is the uniqueness of the car. I rarely see a Regal and I almost never see a GS.

This rarity creates a sort of unofficial club where members/owners wave as they drive by. I have been stopped by one owner who was shocked to see another on the street.

Value would be my second reason. I drove many cars before buying the GS. Audi's and BMW's were far more expensive with little improvement. The price of the GS was high but fully loaded the price of the others were much more.

Handling is very good in the GS. The GS button might as well be called the Fun button. The suspension gets stiffer, the steering tightens, engine gets agitated and you get more confident around corners. It's as if you went back to your garage to get your track car.

As well as being unique the car has some beautiful lines. You can't mistake the tail lights or headlights for any other car. It has a wide stance which I like but it should have been an inch or two lower. That is easily corrected by installing lowering springs.

I would like to see a stronger Buick performance division support the Regal and Verano lines.

If I had one complaint it would be the service departments. They still act as if they're going bankrupt. I know a GM mechanic who is told he can not bring up issues he finds on road tests that the customer has not complained about. How they talk to customers is also an issue. For instance, at Audi they aren't allowed to say "I can't find the issue". If an issue is beyond the mechanics ability to resolve then they send an engineer the site and he does what it takes to fix the problem. GM asked you to find another dealer and go through the same thing.

If they fix the dealerships they will clean up. The cars aren't bad.

Present
    2012 Regal GS Black, Auto, GM Stage Kit, IPF Tune, 20" Insignia OPC Rims, H&R 28998-5 Lowering Springs, 1/4" wheel spacer on rear
    Past Buicks
    72 Skylark
    81 Regal Turbo
    86 Grand National
    2010 CXL AWD Lacrosse

Re: 2012 Buick Regal GS Review

Hi, i love your Regal. First of all cause has those really cool wheels. I know they came from Europe and these for the Opel Insignia OPC wheels. Awesome!! I want that wheels too but i went to the Discount Tire and asked them about those wheels if they can get them for me. The guy looked for about 20 minutes and he couldn't find them. He said he can but not really. So my question is where did you get those wheels from? I couldn't find them either. I like the factory ones too but these are 100% better! Congrat, you got good taste!! More picture would be awesome!

I too love my 2012 Buick Regal GS. I'm having issues with noise in my break pads. They aren't worn but make a screeching upon break applications. Has anyone else had this problem and what's the fix.

Quote Originally Posted by steverush View Post
    I too love my 2012 Buick Regal GS. I'm having issues with noise in my break pads. They aren't worn but make a screeching upon break applications. Has anyone else had this problem and what's the fix.
    Are you still within the mileage parameters for your warranty, steverush? If so, we definitely suggest making your dealership aware of this if you haven't already done so. We would be more than happy to coordinate with them if necessary. Please provide your VIN, mileage, full contact information and dealership name so I can look more into this matter.

Thank you
    Amber N.
    Buick Customer Care

Have you checked into Buick Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.buick.com.

Our team is also available via email at socialmedia@gm.com.

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Thank you. I'll get back to you with the info.

Remove this ad
    Nice to know the reviews about this model.Its really a very awesome model presented by Buick in the last few years.My uncle also owned this car and i drive it many time, its really very reliable in drive.

Thread Information