3D Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats

ac263

Buick Ownership
2019 Tourx
Got a set of tan Maxpider mats and they protect the car much better than the Buick all-weather ones it came with.
I replaced the bottom plastic rings on the Kagu with ones from the original mats so the pins snap into place. The fit is snug, but can be made tighter or permanent to hold better when you pop them back off the pins.

Attachments

The Shark

North Carolina
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence Rioja Red Metallic

The Shark

North Carolina
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence Rioja Red Metallic
Got a set of tan Maxpider mats and they protect the car much better than the Buick all-weather ones it came with.
I replaced the bottom plastic rings on the Kagu with ones from the original mats so the pins snap into place. The fit is snug, but can be made tighter or permanent to hold better when you pop them back off the pins.
That is a great idea, I'll have to try that when I get mine.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Cool! Where did you get those GS ...decals, badges? Also like the step-in plates. Will have to look for some of those for my TourX!
It has taken me long enough to respond, but the GS emblems I used are from the seats. The door sill plates come standard in all GS trim Regals (they are not cheap).

Attachments

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
If anyone else is wanting to customize their 3D Kagu floor liners with a different emblem, I threw this "how-to" together. It's pretty simple and looks way better, despite the GS emblem not entirely covering the old 3D emblem. Since I have a GS, that's the emblem I went with, but there is nothing stopping you from using the TourX emblem, Buick Shield, or some other European variant. This could probably be its own thread but why not keep everything together? Here goes...

Difficulty
1 beer (on a six-pack scale)

Build Materials
Floor Liners... duh (I purchased the full black set, PN L1BC03901509)
Emblem of choice x2 or x4 if you want to do the rear mats as well (I went with the GS emblem, PN 39156640)

Tools Required
Epoxy (I used JB Weld Clear Weld Quick-Setting Epoxy but just about any decent epoxy would work)
Surface to mix epoxy on
Pry Tool or Pliers
Saw (needed to cut off tab on GS emblem)
180 grit sandpaper or close equivalent (to clean up what the saw leaves behind)
Weight to keep pressure on emblem while epoxy cures
A solid, flat surface to set mats on while epoxy cures
Paper towel, microfiber, or anything else to help clean up epoxy runs/spills
I should also recommend using some nitrile/latex gloves

The Meat and Potatoes
  1. Remove the 3D emblems by getting underneath the metal buttons and prying. If you want to, these buttons can be epoxied back on the mats for an original and clean look. If you don't intend to reuse them, simply tear them off with a pair of pliers. You can see that the buttons are just pushed onto the aluminum 3D emblem posts.15924
  2. Time to prep the GS emblems. The tab shown on the left needs to be removed, this is where the saw comes into play. Once the tab has been sawed off, place the sandpaper on a solid flat surface and sand down what is left of the tab. A rough grit is desired here because it will create a better surface for the epoxy to adhere to. It doesn't hurt to clean the surface while you're at it.15925
  3. It's now time to get everything ready for epoxy. With the 3D emblem already removed, you can see that there is an indentation of the emblem and two holes. Practice aligning the new emblem how you like it before applying epoxy. I filled in the two holes with epoxy before placing the emblems on just to make sure they would not leak. Ideally, the emblem you choose covers the entire recess. 15926
  4. I placed a cutting board covered with saran wrap underneath the mat to provide a solid base for attaching the GS emblems. Apply a thin layer of epoxy to the bottom, sanded surface, of the emblem. Leave some space on around the edges so that the epoxy does not squeeze out. Carefully place the new emblems in the desired location (the GS emblem fits perfectly within the recess). I placed a microfiber towel, an old shop manual, and then a glass jug filled with change on top of the GS emblem. 15927
  5. If you have already finished your beer or other drink of choice by this point, grab another one to enjoy while you wait for the epoxy to cure.
End Result
The tail of the 3D emblem still shows but you really don't notice it once the mats are installed. Nonetheless, I prefer to see that GS emblem which was sadly missing from the OEM mats.

Before and After

Last edited:

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
If anyone else is wanting to customize their 3D Kagu floor liners with a different emblem, I threw this "how-to" together. It's pretty simple and looks way better, despite the GS emblem not entirely covering the old 3D emblem. Since I have a GS, that's the emblem I went with, but there is nothing stopping you from using the TourX emblem, Buick Shield, or some other European variant. This could probably be its own thread but why not keep everything together? Here goes...

Difficulty
1 beer (on a six-pack scale)

Build Materials
Floor Liners... duh (I purchased the full black set, PN L1BC03901509)
Emblem of choice x2 or x4 if you want to do the rear mats as well (I went with the GS emblem, PN 39156640)

Tools Required
Epoxy (I used JB Weld Clear Weld Quick-Setting Epoxy but just about any decent epoxy would work)
Surface to mix epoxy on
Pry Tool or Pliers
Saw (needed to cut off tab on GS emblem)
180 grit sandpaper or close equivalent (to clean up what the saw leaves behind)
Weight to keep pressure on emblem while epoxy cures
A solid, flat surface to set mats on while epoxy cures
Paper towel, microfiber, or anything else to help clean up epoxy runs/spills
I should also recommend using some nitrile/latex gloves

The Meat and Potatoes
  1. Remove the 3D emblems by getting underneath the metal buttons and prying. If you want to, these buttons can be epoxied back on the mats for an original and clean look. If you don't intend to reuse them, simply tear them off with a pair of pliers. You can see that the buttons are just pushed onto the aluminum 3D emblem posts.View attachment 15924
  2. Time to prep the GS emblems. The tab shown on the left needs to be removed, this is where the saw comes into play. Once the tab has been sawed off, place the sandpaper on a solid flat surface and sand down what is left of the tab. A rough grit is desired here because it will create a better surface for the epoxy to adhere to. It doesn't hurt to clean the surface while you're at it.View attachment 15925
  3. It's now time to get everything ready for epoxy. With the 3D emblem already removed, you can see that there is an indentation of the emblem and two holes. Practice aligning the new emblem how you like it before applying epoxy. I filled in the two holes with epoxy before placing the emblems on just to make sure they would not leak. Ideally, the emblem you choose covers the entire recess. View attachment 15926
  4. I placed a cutting board covered with saran wrap underneath the mat to provide a solid base for attaching the GS emblems. Apply a thin layer of epoxy to the bottom, sanded surface, of the emblem. Leave some space on around the edges so that the epoxy does not squeeze out. Carefully place the new emblems in the desired location (the GS emblem fits perfectly within the recess). I placed a microfiber towel, an old shop manual, and then a glass jug filled with change on top of the GS emblem. View attachment 15927
  5. If you have already finished your beer or other drink of choice by this point, grab another one to enjoy while you wait for the epoxy to cure.
End Result
The tail of the 3D emblem still shows but you really don't notice it once the mats are installed. Nonetheless, I prefer to see that GS emblem which was sadly missing from the OEM mats.
View attachment 15928

Before and After
View attachment 15929

View attachment 15932

NICE! Thanks for posting! Def looks like a 2-beer job.

Last edited:

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
I like the GS emblem. The TourX "logo" is pretty plain jane or else I'd be inclined to use it. (And not that we have any TourX emblems on our seats...or anywhere else but the hatch lid.

:rolleyes:

Maybe I can get a designer buddy to design me a new, cool one. Hmm.

Last edited:

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Got mine this week. I would have liked if Findway (google it) had some for the Regal, their mats look and feel like carpet but are plastic and water proof but the Maxpiders are still pretty nice. Don't know if I will just live with the "3-D" logo on them or maybe get a Buick or Opel plastic or embroiderred emblem to attach in that space.
what’s interesting is Maxpider used to make that style. I had a set for our 328i as well as for our Honda Odyssey. I prefer the carpet style aesthetically as well as underfoot...

DSB

SE MI
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Do the mats clip into the OEM posts for anyone?

I contacted the manufacturer and they sent me out new plastic rings they said would latch onto the OEM posts. However, the rings were the same size and still just slide over the post without engaging and clipping into it.

As you can see, the diameter of the rings is too big to interface with the post on the floor. There's a place on the base of the post for the clips on the ring to snap in and lock the mat to the floor, but the diameter is just too large and they simply locate on the posts without engaging.

I've reached back out to the manufacturer again to see if they have rings with smaller diameters that will hopefully lock into the posts.

Kybuck83

Orange County, CA
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Do the mats clip into the OEM posts for anyone?
No, I have the same problem. It's my only annoyance with these otherwise great mats. I'm not concerned with the mat slipping and interfering with the pedals, but the left post on the drivers side doesn't like to stay in place, which creates a lump at the post and a gap on the left side for crumbs/dirt to fall down.

Someone a few posts up (post #41) mentioned swapping the clips from the OEM mats, but I haven't looked into it yet. I only have the OEM carpeted mats, the
ones pictured looked like all weather mats, so I don't know if the same process would work.

DSB

SE MI
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
UPDATE:

After another round of back and forth, the company sent me out 4 eyelets that grab onto the stock OEM posts! The center part of the eyelet is threaded and passes through the mat and is held in place by the ring on the under side of the mat. It was very easy to swap the eyelets and now the mats snap into place. I used needle nose pliers to stick into the two holes on the eyelet ring on the underside of the mat and everything unscrewed easily.

Anyone else who is having this problem, reach out to the company cs@u-ace.com and ask for the replacement eyelets.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I've found that they don't budge even without the correct eyelets. The velcro-ish design on the bottom of the mat keeps them in place.

The bonus to this is when I go to remove them, I don't launch dirt and debris all over the place when the mat finally pops free of the post/socket.