3M hood protector

Little Beast

Buick Ownership
2021 Enclave Avenir
Anyone on the forum applied the 3M paint protector film to their E? Wondering if this is a do-it-yourself thing or if it is advisable to hire an expert. Thanks!
I have used this product myself several times in the past, follow the instructions to the T, also , wear latex gloves and keep them wet so as not to leave finger prints on the underside of the film. If you're just looking for hood edge protection try the Aeroskin hood protector 2021 Buick Enclave | Aeroskin | 2021 Buick Enclave, easy to install and has an amazing fit, just put one on my 2021 Enclave and I had one on my 2017 Yukon for 4 years, looked as good as new when I traded.

AvenirLover67

Indianapolis, Indiana
Buick Ownership
2021 Enclave Avenir
I have used this product myself several times in the past, follow the instructions to the T, also , wear latex gloves and keep them wet so as not to leave finger prints on the underside of the film. If you're just looking for hood edge protection try the Aeroskin hood protector 2021 Buick Enclave | Aeroskin | 2021 Buick Enclave, easy to install and has an amazing fit, just put one on my 2021 Enclave and I had one on my 2017 Yukon for 4 years, looked as good as new when I traded.
Thanks for the reply. I believe I'm going to now pass on the film coat. I'm reading and seeing too many things that are drawbacks to having it on the car and to installing yourself. I guess I'll just treat the heck out of the white tri-coat. Again thanks!

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Little Beast

Buick Ownership
2021 Enclave Avenir
Thanks for the reply. I believe I'm going to now pass on the film coat. I'm reading and seeing too many things that are drawbacks to having it on the car and to installing yourself. I guess I'll just treat the heck out of the white tri-coat. Again thanks!

Attachments

• EFA5D15B-8CD4-4503-9015-696989D9A28D.jpeg
    EFA5D15B-8CD4-4503-9015-696989D9A28D.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 8

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
14 Lacrosse Premium AWD 2021 Enclave Premium AWD
7C16F11B-7C53-4826-8859-B6CA2B558EAB.jpeg
You can see I had one on this 15 E. When I traded it for my 2021 with 50000 miles, it had multiple nicks and dings that would have looked like hell in the leading edge of the hood. Treating it won’t do a damn thing against rocks and debris. Good luck with that.

Last edited:

AvenirLover67

Indianapolis, Indiana
Buick Ownership
2021 Enclave Avenir
I have to admit, those pictures have helped convince me I should get something to protect the leading edge of the hood. @Little Beast thank you for recommending the Aeroskin. I'm very much leaning that way now. Let me ask, is it difficult to apply? I mean can it wrinkle when being applied or is it fairly stiff on initial application? I've Meguiars Ultimate Coated the entire vehicle and I'm assuming the alcohol pads will take care of that. Any other words of wisdom as I try to do this myself? Thanks! AL67

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
I have to admit, those pictures have helped convince me I should get something to protect the leading edge of the hood. @Little Beast thank you for recommending the Aeroskin. I'm very much leaning that way now. Let me ask, is it difficult to apply? I mean can it wrinkle when being applied or is it fairly stiff on initial application? I've Meguiars Ultimate Coated the entire vehicle and I'm assuming the alcohol pads will take care of that. Any other words of wisdom as I try to do this myself? Thanks! AL67
It is a hard rigid plastic that is chrome plated material. If you have any ability what so ever, you should be able to read and follow the instructions. It is held on with 3M double sided tape. If you plan on keeping your E long term do yourself a favor and use this piece, YOUR GONA LIKE IT.

Little Beast

Buick Ownership
2021 Enclave Avenir
This is very rigid plastic nicely plated in chrome, it's literally a 5-10 minute install job and the included alcohol and prep pads will insure proper adhesion, as Fcar1953 said, it comes with 3M tape and it's already attached to the underside of the hood protector.

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
Man your 21 E looks sweet and that shine on it is wicked is that factory or dou you use a specific wax???
That is a product from a company called Zanio. Clear seal. Spray it on a pad, apply it to the paint, and let it dry. I use Zanio on all my cars. They make many great products. Can only get it online. Not a wax, Polish. I only use polish never wax.

Raccoon

Buick Ownership
Enclave
That is a product from a company called Zanio. Clear seal. Spray it on a pad, apply it to the paint, and let it dry. I use Zanio on all my cars. They make many great products. Can only get it online. Not a wax, Polish. I only use polish never wax.
I looked up Zanio and was wondering which one am i supposed to get ????? I admire the shine on your ride but i don't want to buy the whole company when all i might need is one or two items

Raccoon

Buick Ownership
Enclave
I looked up Zanio and was wondering which one am i supposed to get ????? I admire the shine on your ride but i don't want to buy the whole company when all i might need is one or two items
Damn i just re read your post , ao all i need is the clear seal ????? Cause the site was saying that i should buy the all in one first , any enlightenment is greatly appreciated

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
Damn i just re read your post , ao all i need is the clear seal ????? Cause the site was saying that i should buy the all in one first , any enlightenment is greatly appreciated
It depends on the condition of your paint. Mine being a 2021 the paint was pretty good and the clear seal made it that much better. If you have your paint in good shape it will do the same. I do also have the AIO as a cleaner to use between coats of clear seal. You have to stay on top of your detailing to keep the paint look great. That picture was taken in June and i just got another complement on how shiny my E is. I will also use the clay bar from time to time. Every little thing you can do will keep the car looking great. But as you see my E that is strictly clear seal. This is another example of my work. Zanio show car polish. The Vette is 24 years old, i am the original owner. All original Paint fullsizeoutput_67.jpeg

Raccoon

Buick Ownership
Enclave
It depends on the condition of your paint. Mine being a 2021 the paint was pretty good and the clear seal made it that much better. If you have your paint in good shape it will do the same. I do also have the AIO as a cleaner to use between coats of clear seal. You have to stay on top of your detailing to keep the paint look great. That picture was taken in June and i just got another complement on how shiny my E is. I will also use the clay bar from time to time. Every little thing you can do will keep the car looking great. But as you see my E that is strictly clear seal. This is another example of my work. Zanio show car polish. The Vette is 24 years old, i am the original owner. All original Paint View attachment 34573
That's a damn fine looking car brother, that shine looks like a candy apple

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners