Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Is anybody excited about the Buick Cascada?

View Poll Results: Are you excited about the Buick Cascada?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup

14 53.85%
  • Nope

12 46.15%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Is anybody excited about the Buick Cascada?

Having just test driven it, I did it for fun and to compare it to the new Lacrosse. There really was no comparision in fit and finish between the two ( looked like it wasn't even made by the same company), and the Buick also had many more features....at a $37,000 (Cascada) to $40,000(Lacrosse) cost difference. I honestly also did it to experience what a sports suspension with 20 inch wheels felt like. I have a friend who drove to the Outer Banks from Northern Delaware in her husband's few year old Corvette last summer, and all she talked about was how difficult it was on her because of the sports suspension ride. I can not express enough to be sure to test drive this new convertable on some roads in need of repair before signing on the dotted line. Yea, it was pretty hard on the bumps.....but some people seem to like that, I guess. Very nice to see Buick making a convertable again, though.

mnmjackson is offline Junior Member My Buick(s): 2015 Buick Encore Leather

If I had the extra money lying around, I would probably look at this. I already like the new Envision and will probably update to that from my Encore, but the Cascada would be fun to tool around in during the summer at the lake!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by oldteach View Post
    Having just test driven it, I did it for fun and to compare it to the new Lacrosse. There really was no comparision in fit and finish between the two ( looked like it wasn't even made by the same company), and the Buick also had many more features....at a $37,000 (Cascada) to $40,000(Lacrosse) cost difference. I honestly also did it to experience what a sports suspension with 20 inch wheels felt like. I have a friend who drove to the Outer Banks from Northern Delaware in her husband's few year old Corvette last summer, and all she talked about was how difficult it was on her because of the sports suspension ride. I can not express enough to be sure to test drive this new convertable on some roads in need of repair before signing on the dotted line. Yea, it was pretty hard on the bumps.....but some people seem to like that, I guess. Very nice to see Buick making a convertable again, though.
    Most German cars have stiff suspension. Certainly the 20" low profile tires will further contribute to that stiffness. The attraction is that usually handling is better. I doubt that many traditional Buick drivers will care about the improved handling. It is not likely any test ride would be driven aggressively enough that it would make a difference.

I took my Encore in for service yesterday. There was a black Cascada on the showroom floor. There was no wow factor for me. The interior center stack reminded me of my Encore. The car kind of looked fat. I was disappointed.

It's definitely growing on me. It took about a year but I'm starting to like it...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Buick: The New Class of World Class - Luxury As It Should Be...

Please help us keep BuickForums.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

Get your next Buick for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

mimico.encore is offline Buick Newbie My Buick(s): Buick 2016 Encore Premium

looks like an Opel/Saturn Sky crossbreed...a bit too bland for my liking...not enough Buick cues...(no, not the portholes!)...a touch of early 2000's Acura on the front clip...plus, Cascada reminds me of the Cascades pulp and paper company...

Quote Originally Posted by mimico.encore View Post
    looks like an Opel/Saturn Sky crossbreed...a bit too bland for my liking...not enough Buick cues...(no, not the portholes!)...a touch of early 2000's Acura on the front clip...plus, Cascada reminds me of the Cascades pulp and paper company...
    It's been growing on me. I saw one on the road yesterday. I don't see many, honestly. But I like it more than I did when I first saw it. Color seems to make all the difference with this car...

I've seen exactly one since I got mine. It was pouring rain and I barely noticed it as I was wrapping up a 350 mile drive home from Virginia. I know many have been sold in my area (Hudson Valley NY). Nice that I don't actually see many though

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired now View Post
    I've seen exactly one since I got mine. It was pouring rain and I barely noticed it as I was wrapping up a 350 mile drive home from Virginia. I know many have been sold in my area (Hudson Valley NY). Nice that I don't actually see many though
    Yes, it's good to be unique. However, enjoy that while it lasts!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information