Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Buick Avista Concept
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    stoopid is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2015 Regal 2.0T FWD

Re: Buick Avista Concept

Quote Originally Posted by ITguy54 View Post
    A little more than a Camaro, but much less than a Cadillac.
    Figuring the power output would mean Camaro SS (V8) and the ATS-V (3.6 TT), that would put it in the $45-50k range. Out of my budget.

A little more than a Camaro, but much less than a Cadillac.
    Much less than WHICH Cadillac? ATS Coupe? It only starts at $38k and this looks like a much more expensive car...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Buick: The New Class of World Class - Luxury As It Should Be...

Please help us keep BuickForums.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

Get your next Buick for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Quote Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
    Figuring the power output would mean Camaro SS (V8) and the ATS-V (3.6 TT), that would put it in the $45-50k range. Out of my budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Much less than WHICH Cadillac? ATS Coupe? It only starts at $38k and this looks like a much more expensive car...
    Okay, skip the Caddy. Checking with a local Chevy dealer, the 2016 Camaro has a starting MSRP in the 20's with a fou cylinder. The V-8 has a base MSRP of around $39,000. So since the Avista has a V-6 and you figure it'll have some more luxury accoutrements, then it could start at $42,000, maybe. Sorry stoopid, but any new quality car is going to cost a bit. Perhaps a few years later you could afford a used lease turn in.

Start this car at $33k and I think Buick would have a real winner on it's hands...

Start this car at $33k and I think Buick would have a real winner on it's hands...
    If they started it at that price they would have to shut down all the other car lines to keep up with demand. The problem is, the Cascada is at that price, so you know the Avista would have to cost more than that.

If they started it at that price they would have to shut down all the other car lines to keep up with demand. The problem is, the Cascada is at that price, so you know the Avista would have to cost more than that.
    You're right. Perhaps it would need to be in the $36k area, a couple thousand less than an ATS coupe... But Cadillac would lose sales. I suppose we're seeing exactly why this car is unlikely to happen...

Remove this ad
    You're right. Perhaps it would need to be in the $36k area, a couple thousand less than an ATS coupe... But Cadillac would lose sales. I suppose we're seeing exactly why this car is unlikely to happen...
    But GM, in total, would sell more cars. The Caddy looks different enough that different people might be interested in the Caddy than the Buick. Then there's always snobs who would rather pay more to have a Caddy badge on their car. I remember when I was in my 20's that a couple, who were friends of mine, said they would rather have a Pontiac Firebird than a Chevy Camaro, because Pontiacs were built better. I just didn't feel like arguing even though I knew they were essentially the same car except for a few minor details. If it takes away from Cadillac sales then it should. That's what they get for not making their cars look like the Avista.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information