Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | 2018 Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Stop/Start ability to turn feature off
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Stop/Start ability to turn feature off

It is my understanding that the starter isn't used during the start/stop cycles one encounters while driving the Envision. Ours does it, but it soon becomes "normal" and I don't mind it. As to the comments regarding octane, I started out our new-car ownership using regular 87 octane, then I read about higher octane being "recommended" for the turbo cars. After using both grades, I can say that performance does seem a bit better using high-octane fuel, but it's also nice having the choice - since it runs very well on 87.

Has anyone tried installing towing wiring harness to disable auto stop/start?

Dale-z28 says ]It is my understanding that the starter isn't used during the start/stop cycles one encounters while driving . My question then is how is the engine getting restarted? I'm at a loss for any other way, but let me know. I am curious?

NormT is offline Turbo-4 power! My Buick(s): Turbo Envision

From the service manual:

"As soon as the driver prepares to move away (by releasing the brake pedal and/or depressing the accelerator pedal), the engine will start; it only takes the system around 0.3 s to start the engine.

To support the increased number of engine starts, the starter motor is upgraded with a high performance electric motor and a stronger pinion engagement mechanism with reduced noise levels.

Along with the upgraded starter motor, advanced battery technology is required to ensure the vehicles battery can handle the frequent charge and discharge cycles common with stop/start operation. There is battery sensor module connected to the battery which continually monitors the battery charge and healthy state. The engine control module (ECM) uses this information from the battery sensor module to determine if the battery charge and health is sufficient for an Stop/Start condition.

The Stop/Start system can reduce fuel consumption and carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions by up to 5% in mixed driving conditions. In an urban environment and in heavy traffic with frequent stops the savings may increase to as much as 10%. "

2016 Envision Prem ll.2013 ATS 2.0T, 2007 Saturn Sky 2.4 Turbo -44 mpg-top up,2004 Saab 9-5 Sport Combi - JZW Stage IV

I read this in my wife's documentation that I thought might help some of our members with the Auto Stop/Start feature and why it might not work as one might expect it to.

Didn't think I would like this feature either but after a while it is just something that happens. Something I do is, after the engine shuts down, let up on the brake pedal just a little, and the engine will immediately restart. Just don't let up enough to let the car move.

sina is offline Buick Newbie My Buick(s): Buick Encore 2016

great post RBreeze. I have test drove Envision 2017 Premium I a few times and doing that D to N shift seems to be the easiest way of over-writing the auto stop/start function. I wish it had a button to disable it though. The only positive thing I can say about this enforced function is that the auto start is very quick.. it takes less than half a second after you put your foot off the brakes. I feel owning this car I will be always worried about my car engine starting again and again though.

This can go to another thread but the brakes on Envision are also a bit spongy, although way better than encore. We have an Encore 2016 and it literally does not come to stop, you push your foot on the pedal and the first 1 to 2 inches there is no brakes engagement at all and it seems all encore and Trax have the same unsafe design.

NormT is offline Turbo-4 power! My Buick(s): Turbo Envision

Quote Originally Posted by sina View Post

This can go to another thread but the brakes on Envision are also a bit spongy, although way better than encore. We have an Encore 2016 and it literally does not come to stop, you push your foot on the pedal and the first 1 to 2 inches there is no brakes engagement at all and it seems all encore and Trax have the same unsafe design.
    How many miles and what year and trim?

My brakes are very good and consistent. I do find the brake pedal effort increases when there are three more people in the car but it does respond.

Popping the hood my 2016 Premium has very clean brake fluid too.

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by bojanglespa View Post
    i am very close to purchasing a 2016 buick envision premium i. I have test drove other competitor vehicles that had the start/stop engine technology but they had a button that i could press after starting the vehicle to turn that feature off. I can't locate a button like that in the envision i am testing and can't find it in internet searches. Is this feature on all of the time and not able to be shut off in the envision???
    你好。在中国,已经有人研发出来一个模块,接线到bcm模块上后实现着车后启停功能默认关闭。

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information