Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Possible New Buick Wagon Coming
    News Man is offline Contributing Member My Buick(s): Buick

Possible New Buick Wagon Coming

The days of the station wagon may be making a comeback in a classy way and Buick may be working on it. Zachary Benedicts reports for TorqueNews.com

Buick Regal Tourx. Like the name? To me it sounds sporty, but I see a wagon as anything but sporty. The Buick Regal Tourx is speculated to be released in the 2017 under the Buick name brand, based off of the Vauxhall Insignia (Opel Insignia). Details are limited at this point, however, the idea comes from 2 trademark applications that were filed by General Motors to the USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark Office).

These applications were filed for Tourx and Regal Tourx. In the applications, the specifications are for the use of goods and services in "motor land vehicles, namely automobiles."

Re: Possible New Buick Wagon Coming

I want this rumor to be true !
    2017 Encore on short list

News Man is offline Contributing Member My Buick(s): Buick

it's going to be really interesting. Let's see what this will become. Is there a market for a wagon?

HotZ28 is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU

Is there a market for a wagon?
    Absolutely!!

Remove this ad
    The name does nothing for me, but it certainly seems there'd be a market for a well-appointed station wagon in the Buick Roadmaster tradition. Though one can hardly argue that minivans aren't just the new station wagons and have much more usable space, the Buick line needs reasons to exist and the station wagon niche could be a good reason. For those of us in areas of winter snow and ice, base it on the largest current front wheel drive platform so it can compete with all the front wheel drive minivan offerings. That would also give the most interior room and lowest possible cargo floor in the back-all you'd have under it is a compact spare and large, slim gas tank. The early 2000's Le Sabre or Park Avenue bodies would have made awesome station wagons. I think the current Lacrosse is way too small. Go big or stay home?

Thread Information