• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

455 buick engine, worth it?

Pablo Riviera 68

Buick Ownership
1968 buick riviera
Hello guys!

looking for a 430 or 455 buick engine for my Riviera.

I came across this 455 on Ebay, wondering if i could get your opinion on it.

I did find strange the 1238881 in one of the pictures...i´m guessing it should be 1238861.

Thank you all!

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
An engine with unknown internal condition. The ad says 73 but the TR code and the carburetor are 71.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Define "running" - poorly, only on Tuesday, drank more oil then gas, leaves a lot open to the term. Sitting for 4 years, kind of doubtful it was preped for long term storage, looks like a pull and drop. It may just turn into a costly full rebuild and provided the block and heads are in a rebuild condition. Just tossing out another view based on the ad.

Pablo Riviera 68

Buick Ownership
1968 buick riviera
Yeah, not quite the most helpfull add, a lot of information missing. You are probably right, not the most reliable purcharse.
Maybe wait for a better deal is the right thing to do...
Thank you guys!

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Maybe check the other Buick forums in the for sale area as it may a little more in detail on a 455 engine.

Pablo Riviera 68

Buick Ownership
1968 buick riviera
O.K! thanks for the tip! I´m sure something will come up!

a 430 would be my choice...but been a while since i see one for sale.

Also, as i`ll need it to be shipped abroad...it´s easier to get a long block with as much accesories as posible...kind of reduces the options :confused:.

Thanks again!

Turbo Buick Badge