Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: 2017 IntelliLink Over-the-Air Software Updates
    priller is offline Buick Newbie My Buick(s): Buick Envision

2017 IntelliLink Over-the-Air Software Updates

I have a 2017 Envision Premium I.

When I go to Settings -> Software Information -> System Update it is currently showing “Save Vehicle Information to USB”. Is this correct? What do you see on yours?

Per the manual, "If equipped, the infotainment system can download and install software updates over a wireless connection. Downloading Over-the-Air software updates requires Internet connectivity, which can be accessed through the vehicle’s OnStar Wi-Fi hotspot, if equipped. Optionally, a secured Wi-Fi hotspot such as a mobile device hotspot, a home hotspot, or a public hotspot can be used."

So, I have connected to both the OnStar Wi-Fi hotspot and my home wireless. There is no change.

Dealer service wasn't even aware of this function and did not know what constituted "If equipped". They were going to check with Buick tech support and get back to me, but of course that never happened.

I see no reason for the customer to have a “Save Vehicle Information to USB” function. So, I figured it was a special function for dealer service, or perhaps from manufacturing. But, there is no obvious way to change this to anything else.

Re: 2017 IntelliLink Over-the-Air Software Updates

Hi priller,

Our Infotainment Customer Support team can certainly look into this for you to provide you with more information about this function. That team can be reached at (855) 478-77667 from 8am-10pm ET Monday through Saturday. I hope this helps but please don't hesitate to send us a private message if you have any additional questions.

Best,

Ashley R.
    Buick Customer Care

Re: 2017 IntelliLink Over-the-Air Software Updates

Remove this ad
    How do I find if my vehicle needs an update

Thread Information