Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Wont Start for 2 Days

Wont Start for 2 Days

Ok so.... I just bought a 2004 Buick Rendezvous in March and I am having a starting problem. I first happened in the beginning on this month on a Saturday. I drove to a family members house (it drove fine). I parked the car went in for about 15 mins came back out and it wouldnt start! At first it turned over but would instantly shut off. After numerous trys it stopped turning over and just cranked. So I just left it alone for about a day. Sunday I tried to start it again....same issue it just cranked. I had a neighborhood mechanic look at it & after checking the fuses and checkinh for a spark he said it was the fuel pump! OMGosh!!! So i went and bought some starter fluid, but that didnt help. After a while I just gave up. I ended up leaving the car there. Wedensday comes and I try to start the car and ukw IT STARTED!!. I went straight to the gas station and filled my gas tank up. It worked perfectly for about 4 days and it wouldnt start again. When the issue first started my gas tank was a lil over 1/4 tank...OK CANT LET IT GET THERE AGAIN. But now this 2nd time it was just over the 1/2 mark. I did the same thing I left my car for a day & it started! I really need HELP! Im kind of hoping it is not the entire gas pump but if it is then it is! I have been looking for people who have the same issue but i have not come across anyone with this issue!

Re: Wont Start for 2 Days

O & BTW i always listen for my fuel pump to engage now since this first started happening & i hear it EVERYTIME!

Re: Wont Start for 2 Days

Remove this ad
    you need to do a fuel pressure test when the vehicle wont start

Thread Information