Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Rendezvous MPG

Thread: Rendezvous MPG

Rendezvous MPG

There is another post on this topic a few months earlier. since I just read it yesterday, here I start a new post.

I drove a testing vehicle during vehicle development back to yr 2003. I liked it very much for its good looking, plenty space and good mpg (19 city/26 highway mpg for new car). for these reasons I bought a used 2006 Rendezvous (3.5 liter engine, FWD) 3 yrs ago with 96k miles. The vehicle was in good condition, but very soon I feel the mpg is lower than I expected: 16 mpg in town and 22 on highway. I found the thermalstat didn't work well, as the pointer did not go beyond the first mark. I changed the thermalstat, then the pointer stay around 1.5 mark when engine is hot. but this doesn't improve its MPG. I also changed the 3 front spark plugs. because the existing plug are in very good condition, I have not changed the other 3 plugs in the back. I also bought a good OBDII reader to monitor Oxygen sensor's voltage, they are file.

So this is my current MPG: 16 city and 22 highway, I am disappointed. but reading other posts here, it seems mine is not too bad.

Re: Rendezvous MPG

Remove this ad
    bunch of shy people on this forum

Thread Information