Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: 2002 Lesabre rear shocks-compressor

2002 Lesabre rear shocks-compressor

I have at least one low shock (rear), not sure how to diagnose if its the compressor or the shock itself ?

Any ideas ?

Also,
    is there a problem with running without the compressor, if it turns out that it is the problem ?

Irish is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2003 Park Avenue, 2003 Buick Leabre Limited

Re: 2002 Lesabre rear shocks-compressor

Could be the shock, compressor or the airlines leaking.

On my Park Avenue, I replaced the air shocks with a coil over shock kit. No more air ride, but it still rides good. Found the coil over shocks on Amazon. Very easy to install.

https://www.amazon.com/Monroe-90007-...re+rear+shocks

Thanks, I was thinking about just putting in regular shocks of some sort, (no air ride)

So beside the kit you mentioned, could you just put in a good quality shock ?

duplicate

Is there a way to test, or check to see if the compressor is working.
    The link and switch don't seem to be damaged.....

A year or so ago, I remember hearing it a lot, it ran off/on quite a bit, would run for a minute, ever 10 or 15 minutes....

Thinking about it now, I haven't noticed it running at all.

Also, seems like you shouldn't have been able to hear it, but it was noisy enough o hear.

and where is it located ?

Irish is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2003 Park Avenue, 2003 Buick Leabre Limited

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy1611 View Post
    Thanks, I was thinking about just putting in regular shocks of some sort, (no air ride)

So beside the kit you mentioned, could you just put in a good quality shock ?
    The kit includes shocks and the coil springs that go around the shocks.

HotZ28 is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU

Remove this ad
    The "air ride" rear suspension was designed with lower rate rear coil springs and depends on the air shock to maintain correct level height. If you use a regular shock, the rear will sag. You need to either replace the air shocks and or the compressor. You may want to consider the coil over booster shocks if you want it to be about normal level front/rear.

Thread Information