Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Battery died on 2014 Regal GS
    MikeC725 is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2014 Regal GS AWD

Battery died on 2014 Regal GS

Battery died yesterday, car is completely dead, no lights nothing. Does anyone know if the battery is still covered under the 4 year bumper to bumper warranty?

Mike C
    -------------------------------------------
    2014 Buick Regal GS AWD - CRT Auto Sunroof DCP#1
    2015 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Eco Diesel - Blue Streak Pearlcoat - Loaded

dbruce is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2012 Buick Regal GS

Re: Battery died on 2014 Regal GS

Never heard of a battery being covered. Kinda like Oil.

After coupons, can get an AGM battery for a bit over 100 at Autozone. They will not replace free as it is considered above standard replacement. Not too hard once you realize you need to remove a few things to get it out.

Mine battery died last year in my garage as I was leaving on a 3 day trip, got her jump started and continued but brought along the jumper cables. Drove to dealer after road trip and got a free OEM battery under warranty.

Buick has a 4 year 48K mile bumper to bumper warranty. The battery is covered. Had to get car jumped, it's at dealer right now. When I get a chance, I'll post a pic of the terminal, very corroded. So, go out and lift the cover off your battery and check for corrosion. They are supposed to check this at an oil change, they didn't. I let them know I wasn't happy about it, because this might have been avoided.

Remove this ad
    Here is a pic of my battery after 3 years. I had just had it into the dealer 2 weeks ago for an oil change. They should have caught this. I brought that to their attention yesterday, they agreed. I got a free oil change certificate out of it. Anyway, now that it is getting cold, check your battery.......it will only take a few seconds.

Thread Information