Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Rear Shock Issues

Rear Shock Issues

Hello all , new poster here . Have a 2005 Buick Lasabre with rear shock issue . We found that the shocks were in very bad shape . Leaking . I went to Auto Zone to get replacements . I replaced the shocks but I dont think the air pump is supplying air to the new shocks . I checked the fuse block & found the 30 amp breaker and it was good ( under rear seat ) The new shocks required cutting the air line boot off of end of hose and install the connection for the new shocks . I never heard the pump go on after putting car back on the ground . Went for ride and it rides like a log wagon . This is my gals car so she is not very happy with how this turned out . I need some ideas as to where to go next and how to check the pump & system to make sure it is working . Hopefully you more experienced Buick guys can help . Gary

Re: Rear Shock Issues

I guess no one has has this issue ?

I've never dealt with this issue, but I assume there's a pressure switch in the system that will shut off pump when it reaches a certain pressure. lf that's the case and the car rides like a log truck, it sound as if the shock is at max pressure and is locked up. Does the air line have a check valve in it which prevents flow the other way, or was the line you had to change fittings on cause the problem? Like I said, I've never dealt with air shocks.

Remove this ad
    Funny I actually thought this myself . I pulled the lines back off each shock and there was no change . No air in them . I thought back to my hotrod days where we had air shocks raising the rear of our cars . They actually rode better than this car . I am going to try putting air in these shocks this weekend to see if I can get some kind of reaction . If so I will pull the air pump down and see what is or isn't working . I was hoping like the other folks did to just replace the bad shocks and be done with it . If I knew ahead of time there was a conversion to do away with the air system I would have gone that route . But I want to fix this thing and be done . Gary

Thread Information