Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: how to remove driver side mirror

Question how to remove driver side mirror

2016 Buick Encore. Wife clipped the edge of the garage and broke the plastic trim piece that surrounds the mirror. i can get a new OEM piece for $40. Does anyone know how to remove the glass portion of the mirror?

thanks

(ps - a search for "mirror" yielded no results)

Re: how to remove driver side mirror

Quote Originally Posted by bleepster View Post
    2016 Buick Encore. Wife clipped the edge of the garage and broke the plastic trim piece that surrounds the mirror. i can get a new OEM piece for $40. Does anyone know how to remove the glass portion of the mirror?

thanks

(ps - a search for "mirror" yielded no results)
    If you want to pay $5.00 for a days worth of service manual reading: https://www.repairprocedures.com/ser...8_2788661.html

Wonder if I could print it all to pdf in 24 hours??

On my old Avalanche, you pried up on the mirror. Not sure if that is how on the Encore or not. I wouldn't try it and risk breaking it unless you were sure.

1 15 Encore Leather AWD for father in law
    1 17 Encore Premium AWD for wife
    1 16 Cruze Limited - my DD
    1 14 Town and Country Touring L 30th Anniversary - family truckster
    1 05 Dakota 4X4 4.7 - my grandfather's old truck that will never leave the family

TheAirman is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2013 Encore Premium

Per the manual:
    Mirror glass-
    1. Push the outside mirror glass upward and into the right corner of the mirror housing.
    2. Grasp the bottom edge of the mirror glass firmly, lift upward and pull rearward until the mirror glass releases the motor ring.
    3. Disconnect the connectors from the back of the mirror glass.

Housing bezel-
    1. Remove the mirror glass.
    2. Remove the 4 screws of the housing bezel behind the mirror glass. Tighten to 13 lb in.

Lower bracket cover-
    1. Rotate top mirror assembly to the forward direction to access the bracket cover screws.
    2. Remove two screws.
    3. Using plastic pry tool, insert the tool in the front edge of the bracket cover and rotate clockwise to separate the bracket cover from the base of the outside rearview mirror.

Dave

TheAirman is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2013 Encore Premium

Quote Originally Posted by adamcar View Post
    If you want to pay $5.00 for a days worth of service manual reading: https://www.repairprocedures.com/ser...8_2788661.html

Wonder if I could print it all to pdf in 24 hours??

On my old Avalanche, you pried up on the mirror. Not sure if that is how on the Encore or not. I wouldn't try it and risk breaking it unless you were sure.
    That is the same pictures as in my manuals.

The factory manuals for the Encore/Trax are at least 2 1/2" to 3" thick and there are 4 of them. They thicker than an old Random House dictionary all put together.

There would be absolutely no way you could get all this information in .pdf form in 24 hours. 24 days maybe. Plan on 4 or 5 full reams of copy paper. And you would need all four manuals as they are not laid out logically or chronologically like you think they should be.

Each task links to different sections in each manual, some tasks using all 4 manuals.

If you downloaded it in .pdf form, you would have to convert it to Microsoft .doc form to take advantage of hyperlinks as you can not link .pdf documents.

Remove this ad
    thank you for the replies. this helps

Thread Information