Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Intermittent no start issue

Intermittent no start issue

Sometimes my 2011 cxl regal will not start. It acts like the battery is dead and I have to get a jump. It actually took two of those jump start packs to get it going the other day. Yet when I had it tested at two different places they said my battery, alternator, and starter were good. What else could be the problem?

dbruce is online now Full Member My Buick(s): 2012 Buick Regal GS

Re: Intermittent no start issue

I vote cleaning off all the connectors. The positive terminal has a ton of stuff under it. Since you can get it started via battery back, check all connections and I'd pull the battery as the last change.

Actually did that when the problem started about a month ago. Rechecked all connections the other day. Super clean and super tight. I'm thinking maybe the wire to the starter is loose? How difficult is it to access the starter?

As someone who once changed a starter when the battery connections were bad, get a wrench and take them all apart and put back together (15 minutes). If battery is original, time to go. You can check back to starter on connections also.

I actually did that the first time this happened. I thought I needed a battery but it tested good so I put it back in.

T07 is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2011 Buick Regal

Have the battery load tested, I have see those quick scanners pass bad batteries. My 11 would act like it was dead then a few minutes on the charger would start right up, new battery fixed all issues.

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by T07 View Post
    Have the battery load tested, I have see those quick scanners pass bad batteries. My 11 would act like it was dead then a few minutes on the charger would start right up, new battery fixed all issues.
    OP, if original, you are due anyway. Get a new one. With coupons online, got an AGM battery from Advanced Auto for 110 to 120 out the door.

Thread Information