Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Adding XM Or An AUX To My 2004 LeSabre Limited

Red face Adding XM Or An AUX To My 2004 LeSabre Limited

Hi!

I'm a proud owner of a 2004 Buick LeSabre Limited 'Celebration Edition' and love everything about the car (especially playing all my old school cassettes!)

I wanted to know how easy is it to add XM radio to it

Unfortunately, being a Canadian vehicle it does not have XM built into it (the U.S versions apparently do) and ideally would like to swap the radio out of it for that version but imagine it may be a bit of a chore to do (and find).

My other thought is to add a 3.5mm stereo AUX input to the existing set up and add XM radio that way (I already have this set up in my 2007 Altima 3.5SE as it did not have XM radio built in it but does have a AUX connection)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Paul

CorvairGeek is online now Contributing Member My Buick(s): 1996, 92 Buick Century

Re: Adding XM Or An AUX To My 2004 LeSabre Limited

Your radio will recognize the XM module if it can see one on the serial bus (wouldn't even have to be a virgin or VIN matched module). This would turn on the audio inputs on the back of the radio. They are unfortunately in the Dock and Lock connector. I have not found any wiring for XM in any LeSabre, unless it was so equipped.

I am quite familiar with this setup; https://buickforums.com/forums/threads/45550-Radio-Swap

Jerry

gnhbodyguy is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 03 Limited & 04 Custom

I'm pretty sure no LeSabre came from the factory with XM. I had good luck listening to my MP3's off my phone with a cassette to stereo jack adapter.

04 LeSabre Custom 155K Trans rebuilt @134K 26 mpg-Arizona car
    LeSabre Limited Celebration Edition
    135K 24 mpg - sold
    98 Olds Eighty Eight LS 170K sold
    86 Olds Delta 88 Royale Brougham Coupe sold

CorvairGeek is online now Contributing Member My Buick(s): 1996, 92 Buick Century

Remove this ad
    I can guarantee that '04 and '05 LeSabre's had XM available. Not positive on '03. It was the PA that never got XM.

Orig Knobs.jpg

I took my system from an '05 LeSabre Limited

Thread Information