Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums
Buick Forum: 2006 Buick Lucerne CXS RKE not working after alternator failed

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS RKE not working after alternator failed

Have a 2006 Lucerne CXS with the 4.6. Had the alternator fail while driving, which created an internal dead-short inside the alternator. After replacing the alternator I found that the keyless entry/remote start/truck release no longer work with the key fobs, and I am unable to re-program any key fobs, if I go through the DIC to "PRESS TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY" it just flashes a blank screen for a second and then display "PRESS TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY" again. I have tried pulling every fuse I can think of, but nothing seems to work. I have talked with my uncle at a GM dealer and he said the techs don't have any idea what it could be without looking at it. At this point I am assuming it is the BCM? Which would need to be programmed at the dealer? Any one else have any ideas what it could be?

polarzak is offline Full Member My Buick(s): Ex-Lucerne Owner, Now loving my Chrysler 300.

Re: 2006 Buick Lucerne CXS RKE not working after alternator failed

People here might not have any idea without looking at it also. LOL. Could be a BCM problem. Try disconnecting the battery, for at least a half hour (couple of hours to be sure) to discharge the capacitors, and reset the BCM to factors default. I seem to recall my 06 had an issue with the door locks once and this little trick corrected the problem. May work for you too...may not.

Re: 2006 Buick Lucerne CXS RKE not working after alternator failed

Remove this ad
    It's been a while, but I think I had trouble reprogramming my key remotes too, the first time I tried it. I never did get the remote start to work. That DIC isn't so intuitive as you might think. Check out the instructions in the owner's manual. https://my.gm.com/content/dam/gmowne...rne_owners.pdf

Thread Information