Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums
Buick Forum: Heater Blowing Cold Air
    wmrra82 is offline Buick Newbie My Buick(s): '95 Buick Roadmaster

Heater Blowing Cold Air

Hey All... I've had this car about a week now, 1995 Roadmaster White w/Blue interior, 117K miles original. I was told the heat hasn't worked for about a year and a half. Driving to work can be rather chilly but bearable, haha. This is where I'm at so far with my diagnosis... In diagnostic mode #8 I watched it climb from cold to read 182 degrees so my thermostat or water pump (whichever this reading is for) seems to be getting warm. Both my heater hoses going into the firewall are warm, not hot, but both warm. Passenger side fan is running all the time, while driver side does not come on while just idling in driveway. I see that it uses the DEX-Cool coolant in this vehicle so I'm wondering if there is a clog down the line. I reverse flushed the heater core but it didn't really look too bad. When I looked into the reservoir, it looked pretty scank. I removed it and flushed it to make sure all the passages where clean, then reinstalled. Ran car to bring up to temp, used bleeder valve anytime I disconnected any hoses...still cold air. Almost acts like a radiator that just low enough on coolant to pump it back through the engine but after topping off, heat returns. Is there a better way to purge the air from the system I wonder? Anyway, replaced thermostat just to see what coolant looked like in there, but it too, wasn't too bad. The worse build up of crud was in the reservoir, but anyway...still no heat just cold air. The funny thing though was when I was getting into the car after letting it idle for 10 minutes, it was actually warm between the car door and the interior as I sat down...checked the vents...still blowing cold air. Hmmmmm. I looked under the dash briefly, as it's dark out now to see the actuator to see if it was working when I changed from Middle to Floor to Blend, but the actuator seemed to be moving in the various modes. Does anyone know, is there a separate door for heat coming from the engine? Anyway, not sure where to check from here on out. Any directional pointing gladly accepted. Thanks..

Re: Heater Blowing Cold Air

Remove this ad
    Heater box control doors under dash are not working....may need to remove it and check these doors which open/close the hot air flow...

Thread Information