Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums
Buick Forum: will a chevy 350 swap into a 93 road master work?
    will a chevy 350 swap into a 93 road master work?

i been offered a great deal on a 93 buick road master mainly because it needs a new engine. everything else is in great condition. i have a nice chevy with goodies attached to a th400. will this engine fit ? i plan on keeping it carburated is there anything else i have to change besides engine mounts, exhaust, and line?

Re: will a chevy 350 swap into a 93 road master work?

I think as long as you use the TH400 in place of the original Buick transmission, you should be okay. Not sure about the driveshaft lengths though.

HotZ28 is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
    Re: will a chevy 350 swap into a 93 road master work?

Remove this ad
    There were two length tail-shafts that came with the TH400. One was the longer one used in trucks & vans, the other version was used in some cars. So yes, the driveshaft length may have to be modified. The small block shroud fit fine, but you will have to modify fuel delivery with an adjustable fuel regulator. The wiring harness & ECM will no longer operate with a carb fuel supply engine. You will have to deceiver all that all out.

1996 PA Ultra Series II - 3.4” pulley (11.5 psi boost), Autolite 104's, MSD coils & wires, 160 deg. T-stat. Flashed '97 PCM, Lucerne 17" Chrome Wheels
    Cold air is OK.....Turbo Charging is better....but, I'd rather be Blown!!

Thread Information