Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums
Buick Forum: Intermittent no sound from speakers, no turn signal sound, no chimes

Intermittent no sound from speakers, no turn signal sound, no chimes

Ok, so just last month my Regal would start up with no sound from any speakers at all. I guess the turn signal noise is produced by the speakers as well as the door chimes etc. I get none of that. Head unit and NAV display are all still functional. After driving a ways and restarting the car the sound came back. That evening the same thing happened. Next week was fine. Then yesterday it happened again on the way to work. I believe there might be a correlation to rainy weather.

Where should I start to dig first? Are there any known water intrusion issues near the amp/bcm/???.

Re: Intermittent no sound from speakers, no turn signal sound, no chimes

I had this problem that was soon followed by all sorts of strange warning lights (service transmission, service charging system, etc etc). Battery, alternator, starter all checked out good but battery wasnt holding a charge after a day or two. Replaced battery and have had no issues with stereo or other warnings for the last 2 weeks.

bigregal is offline Junior Member My Buick(s): 16 Regal GS

Re: Intermittent no sound from speakers, no turn signal sound, no chimes

Remove this ad
    I had this happen to me with one of my other GM cars. My driver side would go out if it was cold outside. If it was warm, it would work fine. Replaced the speaker, didn't correct the issue - wasn't worth the hassle to me to look at wiring.

Current: 2016 Regal GS, 2012 Malibu LTZ 3.6L
    Past: 2012 Regal Premium II, 2006 Impala LTZ 3.9L, 2003 Impala SS, 96 Cutlass Supreme

Thread Information