Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums
Buick Forum: Add remote start after delivery

Add remote start after delivery

Hi All,

New to this forum but not forums in general. I came looking for some advice from the experts generally found on each forum. We are proud new owners of the Encore & wish that we had waited & ordered one from the factory - the reason - remote start. We live in SW Florida and the heat is unbearable, so any way to ease the suffering is an advantage.

I figured the remote start would be a plug & play module & simple remote program as that would make sense. To me. Unfortunately after calling the local dealer to ask about the job he said it couldn’t be done - that the systems were so involved that it just wasn’t cost effective to do & would end up being a ridiculous amount of money. He may well be right, but I wanted to double check first as it doesn’t sound quite right still. Is this the case? Has anyone retrofitted a OEM system? If the answer is aftermarket, which one did you go with & what was the cost?

Thanks in advance for any help & advice

Re: Add remote start after delivery

Remove this ad
    Best Buy has systems that are on sale periodically that include installation. YMMV with how well it works. No experience with them.

18 Encore Preferred
    17 Encore Premium AWD for wife
    14 Town and Country Touring L 30th Anniversary - family truckster
    05 Dakota 4X4 4.7 - my grandfather's old truck that will never leave the family
    06 GMC Envoy 4X4 - Father in law's ride

Thread Information