• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

'71 Riv Common Part Sizes

drody

Buick Ownership
1971 Riviera
Sorry to ask such an elementary question, but does anyone have a list handy of the common ACDelco replacement parts for a '71 Riviera coup (not GS), 455 4bbl. For example, spark plugs: R44TS; oil filter: PF24, etc., etc. Does such a thing exist? I get multiple options on the ACDelco website when I go by car year, make, and model, and it won't work for the VIN b/c it is only 13 digits (requires 17). Thanks very much. Hope everyone is well.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Thats because there are other options as far as spark plugs go, platinum and iridium. You should find what you need at the AC site, what exactly as far as filters is the issue?

Last edited:

drody

Buick Ownership
1971 Riviera
Thanks, all. The issue on the filters is that the AC website will sometimes list two different parts, with different part numbers (and I'm assuming potentially different sizes) for the same car. Again, all I can go by is the car year, make, and model, b/c to use a VIN they require the newer 17-digit VINs.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
The boattail site has a 1971 Riviera service manual which may help on identification of parts.

drody

Buick Ownership
1971 Riviera
Thanks, guys. I have the original owner's manual, and it lists basic info like maintenance schedules, etc., but doesn't go into depth on part IDs. I saw the service manual on the Boattail site and will check it again.

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
Turbo Buick Badge