• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

'74 Lesabre headlight

mileswest

Buick Ownership
1974 Lesabre Luxus Convertible
Looking for some instructions on how to change the passenger side low beam on a '74 Lesabre. I'm thinking this should be pretty straight forward, but would love to find something that identifies the exact part needed and describes the process.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Pretty straight forward, remove chrome outside bezel cover 4 screws, light will be exposed and then remove the 3 screws holding on the light trim ring. Light has a single plug socket on the back of the light, once removed you will see alignment slots in the base for the light, reverse process to install. Depending on access the plug may be removed from the engine bay side. Check socket and wiring harness for corrosion or breaks before installing.

mileswest

Buick Ownership
1974 Lesabre Luxus Convertible
Thanks for the step-by-step.
I suspect changing out the exhaust header gaskets will be a bit more involved :)

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Those require time, patience and skill. Even then there is a possibility of snapping off a bolt due to age and having to drill out and retap the hole. Not saying that it happens on every one just that there is no way of knowing until it's tried.

Pedal Commander