• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

7500 Mile Oil Change Intervals

G-761832

Wow, I was looking on Buicks Website, 7500 mile oil change is recommended for my GS..

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Wow, I was looking on Buicks Website, 7500 mile oil change is recommended for my GS..
I know you have the 6 and not the turbo 4, but with the full synthetic Dexos oil even the turbo 4 safe interval is 7,500. In fact, that's exactly where my oil life monitor pinged.

Full synthetic only for me since 2003... My 03 Pontiac Aztek has 277k, my 14 Mazda6 has 144k, and they both are still purring. I expect 150k on this engine easily. You should be fine! What a great time to love cars!

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
Yep. 7500 is more than safe with a full synthetic. I’ve logged 100s of thousands of miles with 10k oil changes in my TDIs.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
I know I'm repeating myself:

In the past whenever I would lease a car in Europe, the owners manuals said to change oil every 30,000 km. That's 18,750 miles to us.

European Synthetic Oils are better than American Group-3 Synthetics.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Well a few people believe that checking and changing the oil is the same LOL.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I assume if like other GM vehicles it has oil life system that will notify you need to change oil.
If does not come on within year of last change, oil needs to be changed.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
I know I'm repeating myself:

In the past whenever I would lease a car in Europe, the owners manuals said to change oil every 30,000 km. That's 18,750 miles to us.

European Synthetic Oils are better than American Group-3 Synthetics.
I know many higher end European cars have oil change intervals at 25,000 km,.. and that's because the oil pan on those cars holds 10.5 quarts and to change the oil you have to drop the oil pan because there are 2 oil filters inside the pan.

But I agree somewhat with you. AMSOIL has a European Car Formula oil that's DEXOS 2 compliant while their Signature Series is DEXOS 1 Gen 2. In Europe they don't have DEXOS 1 Gen 2, but rather only have DEXOS 2. Dexos 2 is a higher grade oil than Dexos 1 gen 2.

I also never hear about the 2.0 turbo GM engines in Europe ever having any problems like here in North America.

I have 1 more free oil change left from the dealer and I can't wait till I start using AMSOIL's European Car Formula 5w30. My brother's Verano engine got much quieter after switching to AMSOIL Signature Series.

pek

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
My GS is telling me I have 5% oil life left after just ~1250 miles and about 13 months. I'm getting annoying calls from the dealer and from onstar about it.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
What was the response from the dealer / Onstar when you explained about your milage and OLM status?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
My GS is telling me I have 5% oil life left after just ~1250 miles and about 13 months. I'm getting annoying calls from the dealer and from onstar about it.
You are aware that should you have a engine related warranty issue and you have not changed the oil at the recommended mileage or time, they may give you a hard time or deny coverage.

JORDANSILVERNAIL

HOUSTON, TX
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS, 2014 Regal GS
You are aware that should you have a engine related warranty issue and you have not changed the oil at the recommended mileage or time, they may give you a hard time or deny coverage.
Correct. GM has had me call customers and have them provide proof of oil changes if you're not on record at any dealer in the nation with having oil changes done. All GM service centers are linked to GM Global Connect, and all service performed at a GM facility is on record and can be seen by any service adviser who is checking you in.

pek

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Yes, I understand about the whole warranty issue, Merc wanted an average of $1,500 a year for mandatory maintenance (the "A" & "B" maintenance) which is why I don't own my C300 any more, I have nowhere to change the oil myself right now, so I have to get it changed by someone. Just happens that the dealer gave me 2 free changes when I bought the car. But 12 months before oil gets to gunked up to be safe? Give me a break. Unless the car business has really gotten deep into the planned obsolescence bullshit.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
I would be more concerned that the dealership may be gone before you can hit the 7500 milage on the free oil changes lol.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Yes, I understand about the whole warranty issue, Merc wanted an average of $1,500 a year for mandatory maintenance (the "A" & "B" maintenance) which is why I don't own my C300 any more, I have nowhere to change the oil myself right now, so I have to get it changed by someone. Just happens that the dealer gave me 2 free changes when I bought the car. But 12 months before oil gets to gunked up to be safe? Give me a break. Unless the car business has really gotten deep into the planned obsolescence bullshit.
Buick lets you decide when you want the 2 free changes, did my first one before 2000 miles.

JORDANSILVERNAIL

HOUSTON, TX
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS, 2014 Regal GS
Buick lets you decide when you want the 2 free changes, did my first one before 2000 miles.
Yea, I did my 1st around 1,000 miles and paid the difference for Mobil1.......even though our bulk dexos license oil supplied by GM comes from EXXON/Mobil. I just wanted to spend money i guess. That must be the reason since I just did my 5th oil change and I'm at 11000 miles. Most folks say I waste my money changing oil every 3000 miles, but I like the feeling of having clean oil more regularly in my engine. I certainly don't recommend that to my customers when they ask how often they should change their oil, but I prefer it that way for my car. Every now and then I come across a fellow money waster who likes to change their oil more frequently. In fact, its more common for folks to wait until 0% oil life before changing their oil. I personally could never do that with my car.

Pedal Commander