• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.
  • In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

8" Infotainment system too bright and washed out?

Ryanabrown76

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
Does anyone else know of a way adjust or fix the washed out colors on the 8" infotainment system display? I know you can adjust the brightness with the cluster knob but that's not what I'm looking for. All the blacks and colors are too dull. The 8" display in my 17 Malibu was much better, color wise.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Is it because it is reflecting the sunlight?
The Malibu if equipped with the 8" infotainment display, it should be very similar.
The 7 inch though, has a matte finish screen if I remember correctly.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Thinking a little deeper, the 17 Malibu uses the QNX based infotainment system.
Not sure which one you got on the TourX (2018 or 2018.5 and beyond has different infotainment system), that may make a difference.
If both are equipped with the QNX based one, it should have an identical infotainment system. Only difference will be how they are mounted and the dash design.

Ryanabrown76

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
Thinking a little deeper, the 17 Malibu uses the QNX based infotainment system.
Not sure which one you got on the TourX (2018 or 2018.5 and beyond has different infotainment system), that may make a difference.
If both are equipped with the QNX based one, it should have an identical infotainment system. Only difference will be how they are mounted and the dash design.
That might very well be the case. I've read a little about red and white needle cars and mine is a white needle in the cluster but I'm not sure if it's an 18 or 18.5. I wish it was a straight swap because the display is kinda bad, imo.

Monti182

Watchung, NJ
Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal TourX ETM, DC1, S&S
I agree with OP. Blacks seem very washed out and "gray" I also do like that when you put the system to "OFF"/standby you just get a boring blank screen. would have like a Buick logo splash screen or something like I had on my '13 GS

Ryanabrown76

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
I agree with OP. Blacks seem very washed out and "gray" I also do like that when you put the system to "OFF"/standby you just get a boring blank screen. would have like a Buick logo splash screen or something like I had on my '13 GS
The Malibu has a full screen clock you can select when the screen is off. The Malibu Premier I had was loaded and while the Tourx I have is not, I feel there are a lot of areas of cost cutting that annoy me. The lack of telescoping sun visors, lack of cup holders in the rear of the preferred cars as well as the display. I will say the Bose system in the Tourx is distortion free, unlike the Malibu. End of rant.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
The infotainment system is not the same.
Although I agree that we shall at least get the option to either display the clock or blank screen when we long press the power button.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I also do like that when you put the system to "OFF"/standby you just get a boring blank screen
I like that this is an option as well. I hate that it does not actually turn off the screen. Even when the screen is turned off in the display settings, no information is shown, but it's still backlit. Why bother backlighting the screen if nothing is being displayed? @Anaduff has a fix for that though.

Same goes for the temperature readouts. Even with the climate control off, they're still backlit. Maybe it's just pollution from the illuminated buttons.

Back to the topic, I feel the same way about how the blacks are somewhat washed out. I think that has more to do with the screen itself than an adjustable setting. Smartphones are so nice now it can be frustrating to use a screen that's less capable.

Moneygreen88

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Encore
Does anyone else know of a way adjust or fix the washed out colors on the 8" infotainment system display? I know you can adjust the brightness with the cluster knob but that's not what I'm looking for. All the blacks and colors are too dull. The 8" display in my 17 Malibu was much better, color wise.
Left of the steering wheel. Left to headlight controller is a small button. Push it and it pops up. Adjust lighting and push button back in. I called Derek at Mckinney Buick GMC and it took less than 30 seconds to find a solution.

Ryanabrown76

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
Left of the steering wheel. Left to headlight controller is a small button. Push it and it pops up. Adjust lighting and push button back in. I called Derek at Mckinney Buick GMC and it took less than 30 seconds to find a solution.
That never worked for the contrast I was referring to. Anyway, traded in my TourX back in May of last year so problem solved, lol.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
That never worked for the contrast I was referring to. Anyway, traded in my TourX back in May of last year so problem solved, lol.
Let me see if I understand you correctly, you had a white needle TourX with the upgraded nav type display but you traded it and now are saying the display sucked?

Ryanabrown76

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
Let me see if I understand you correctly, you had a white needle TourX with the upgraded nav type display but you traded it and now are saying the display sucked?
If you look at the post dates all of my posts were back when I owned the car. I still receive notifications from this forum.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Ok
I just noticed that, how do you like life after TourX?