• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

80 year old man buys a new Tourx and want's a full sized spare wheel/tire

acaceca

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal TourX Essence
Read the above. I know this is the wrong place but cannot find where to get info on getting a proper full sized spare wheel and tire - will buy one and just toss it in the back if I can't find something that will fit in the tire well. Do not want a "space saver" setup. Someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you. Richard

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
A lot of good info that should help in the threads below

Chockomon

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Sportback AWD
Just a heads up the sportback wheel and tire combo is slightly different than the TourX

I believe sportback AWD is 18x8.5 with 245/45/18 vs Tourx 18x8 with 235/50/18 tire

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Just a heads up the sportback wheel and tire combo is slightly different than the TourX

I believe sportback AWD is 18x8.5 with 245/45/18 vs Tourx 18x8 with 235/50/18 tire
Hm, I always assumed they were the same. I suppose for a TourX, having a narrower tire makes sense for cutting through snow and terrain.

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
Read the above. I know this is the wrong place but cannot find where to get info on getting a proper full sized spare wheel and tire - will buy one and just toss it in the back if I can't find something that will fit in the tire well. Do not want a "space saver" setup. Someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you. Richard
How many flat tires do you get per year? Do you change them yourself or have GM change them under warranty? Why is it so important to not use a donut tire for a day or two until you replace the flat tire?

Last edited:

techmann

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
mitchflorida, maybe the man rotates his tires and is used to rotating the spare like the old days.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
This isn't something I would do myself but it's pretty simple as far as direction. Might as well go with a stock TourX wheel if you are going to go to the trouble. There are people selling stock TourX wheels, if this is what you want you will need to buy one, hopefully you can find someone selling just 1 and not all 4 - or buy a new one. The wheel will have to stay in the luggage area since it won't fit in the area a spare tire goes. You will need the jack and lug tool kit from a scrap yard or GM Parts Direct, those will fit under the floor in the back.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
I got my donut spare plus a jack from a recycle yard. Told them what I wanted and we went out to a 2008 (LeCrosse or something) and got it. Never been used. Fits perfect in spare tire wheel well.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I got my donut spare plus a jack from a recycle yard. Told them what I wanted and we went out to a 2008 (LeCrosse or something) and got it. Never been used. Fits perfect in spare tire wheel well.
For whatever reason OP wants same spare tire size as the normal tire/wheels. He doesn't want a doughut spare.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!