84 riviera L turn signal fix?

Troylee

1984 Riviera
I have an 84 rivy with T.S.solenoids in the drivers side trunk. Right signals work fine but when I turn on left turn signal, I get nothing. I’m getting power to the right two pin connector that goes on,off,on,off... but when I set the meter on L turn signal two pin connector it has power, just no on and off. So I’m getting voltage but no blink, tried switching the two relays, doing same thing. Pulled both relays, still doing same thing. Looked under radio and dash for front flasher, don’t see one. Main fuse box in interior by drivers knee has aluminum round thing in upper left corner but it doesn’t make noise when turn signal is on. TS fuse is good. Any tips for troubleshooting this? Thanks in advance!

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
This may be of help

Troylee

1984 Riviera
Yeah, that’s what I read that took me to check the trunk relays. Both operate fine as you can hear them open and close but only on right ts. I’m wondering if there is a flasher in front that functions with the rear solenoid that could be broke. Like I said, the L ts is getting voltage when you pull the arm down, it’s just not blinking. Thanks for the reply 2007 Lucerene!

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Not sure on the fuse as it's one of two, turn signal or emergency flasher more than likely. Have you tried the emergency flasher, you should be able to confirm what's in the fuse box. You may want to check with the folks on the other forum as it appears they at least know about the issue and may offer suggestions that could help.

Troylee

1984 Riviera
Lucerne, yes the emergency flasher works on all four signals. Might have to check the fuse box again to see if aluminum colored round device in upper left hand corner is flasher. Thanks for your reply!

Troylee

1984 Riviera
Update: checked the L turn signal bulb and found it packed with old grease. Cleaned it off good on the two contacts and presto the turn signals lol work now! Thanks everyone for your input!

Get your turbo buick badge right here!