• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

87 park ave wite location eng. Code 3

Krose311

Buick Ownership
1987 buick park avenue
Looking for wiring schematics for plug wires on 87' park avenue vin code 3. Someone has replace coil packs and have 1/4 coil packs on both ends

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
Welcome to the forums! Is the engine misfiring or having other problems? ACDelco DIS 3-coil systems are all the same, regardless of what number is stamped on the top. Sounds like the previous owner may have installed a JY coil.

3800 ignition.gif

Last edited:

Krose311

Buick Ownership
1987 buick park avenue
Originally no start issue. Found all plugs saturated with gas and fouled out new in and got it started ran rough with black smoke coming out of exhaust. One of coils was replaced and at each end was a 1/4 coil so I didn't know which one was really for cylinder. 1/4 and 3/6. Since then after got it running it seems to fall on its face then come out of it but continually got worse and all plugs are now fouled out again. I have replace ignition Module and fuel pressure regulator. Guy told it me that 1/4 coil was on driver side not pass. side. The coil packs are located on back side of engine not in front of it I am stuck and would appreciate any feedback. Thank you in advance

Last edited:

Krose311

Buick Ownership
1987 buick park avenue
15791958472553166670915401071465.jpg

Turbo Buick Badge