94 Roadmaster column shift linkage

Bigpower

Ray MI
Roadmaster Limited
So we made it a about 4000 miles between issues this time. The cars been running great, up to 22 mpg, and now we have a hard time getting it into park. The shifter has always been a bit sloppy, but now she just wont quite make it to park all the time. Trying to find information, and even parts, has been a real pain. I found a bushing and spring kit on the bay, but its a bit vague in the applications.....the description says fits GM from the 50s to the 2000s, estimated. Its 20 bux, shipped, so i may just go with it.
Anyone have a similar issue? Not finding anything on the forums, so im guessing not.

HotZ28

1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
How much play have you got in the shift linkage bushings looking from underneath? Most bushings were plastic & if without lubrication can wear out. There may be some adjustment in the linkage mounted to the trans. Have you looked at that?

Last edited:

Bigpower

Ray MI
Roadmaster Limited
How much play have you got in the shift linkage bushings looking from underneath? Most bushings were plastic & if without lubrication can wear out. There may be some adjustment in the linkage mounted to the trans. Have you looked at that?
I have to get it to my buddys barn and get it on the hoist. The shifter itself is fairly sloppy, and the indicator has never really lined up correctly to gear position. I'm sure that bushing is shot so I reckon ill give the ebay one a go.
I know that this trans is a replacement, and judging by the previous monkeydom I've had to fix, they probably didn't pay much attention to hooking up the linkage during the install.
I'll hopefully get time this weekend, working 7 days makes it tough

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
1994-1996 B SHIFT CONTROL / AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION COLUMN Buick Roadmaster Sedan
930503MB04-011.png

Bigpower

Ray MI
Roadmaster Limited
You post a pic/diagram of the shift linkage, but no part number, or the description of the parts. Could you post a link to the full diagram with part numbers & identification of the parts?

Thanks guys.
I think this might be what I need

I reckon all the bits for $20 shipped probably be worth the chance it's correct. Can't find a part number anywhere on the interscreen for this old girl

Probably give this a whirl

Get your turbo buick badge right here!