95 Lesabre valve cover gasket replacement

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Just wanted to know if the belt tension pulley assembly needs to be removed on this year 95 Lesabre for the rear cover. Most of the information is for the alternator in this location, 1995 has the power steering pump located on it. It appears there is enough room but wanted to plan if it needs to be removed. My 2007 does have the alternator over the rear cover and would need to be removed. Thanks for any help on this one.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Just wanted to know if the belt tension pulley assembly needs to be removed on this year 95 Lesabre for the rear cover. Most of the information is for the alternator in this location, 1995 has the power steering pump located on it. It appears there is enough room but wanted to plan if it needs to be removed. My 2007 does have the alternator over the rear cover and would need to be removed. Thanks for any help on this one.

The answer is only the power steering pump and no brackets, it's a lot simpler than alternator mounts over the valve covers.

Merkava_4

5.7L LS1 Member
Clovis, CA
Buick Ownership
2000 Buick LeSabre
I pulled the tensioner assembly on mine. I don't remeber exactly why, but it was in the way of pulling the rear valve cover. Coolant elbows will have to be replaced if pulling the tensioner assembly. I recommend applying Dow Corning 111 to both the O-rings and the passages the O-rings will be in contact with. I only say this because it will keep the O-rings happy and make installation easier for the mechanic.

Last edited:
Get your turbo buick badge right here!