• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

96 PAU Climate control stays on

verse

Buick Ownership
1995 PA base, 2006 PAU loaded
I have a 96 PAU. When I shutoff the car and take the key, the climate control stays on. It did this intermittently before, so I just pushed the off button before shutting down. If I didn't do that, the blower would go on and off and drain the battery.
Now I noticed that the display stays on, which it did intermittently before. So it drains the battery. If I pull the power feed fuse 5A, then it is off. I also swapped out the control, but the same behavior still.
The control is supposed to be powered only if the key is on. So why do i have power with the key off now?
Suggestions are welcome!

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Ignition switch or its components may not be actually turning off? You could try the battery disconnect and touching the two ends, (+ -) while removed from the battery as that can do a reset on some vehicles, but seeing how you replaced the control unit it's in the power down mode part of the system.

Drakito

Southern Utah
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra
Door trigger for the driver door is not working. Open the passenger doors and I will bet it will immediately turn off. The driver door trigger is integrated into the latch mechanism and is stupid expensive.

verse

Buick Ownership
The radio and antenna do power off when I open my door.
Someone have a diagram for the circuit between the ignition switch and the fuse box?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
You may want to check this link in the forum as the Chilton manual has wiring diagrams, can't say if it's going to cover all years. As it's on a different part of the system then the door actuator there's a open circuit some place, but it's one I haven't had to deal with gratefully yet so maybe someone else knows where to look. As I mentioned ignition switch module is a best guess only, good luck on tracking it down.

Free Chilton Online Repair Manual

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Just one more item that may be the problem, can't say as I have a 95 Lesabre, but under the hood fuse and relay box there is a Blower Off relay next to the Blower On relay could or could not be that simple.

verse

Buick Ownership
another development; with the heater fuse pulled, the battery ran down anyway. So something is still powered up even with the ignition off. An ignition switch module was mentioned here. Do you mean the ign switch, or is there a black box in the circuit? I have not seen any wiring diagram showing that.
I am thinking my ign switch is defective.

verse

Buick Ownership
Well this is interesting. I did some troubleshooting. I pulled all the fuses in row 5. Checked that the ignition switch was turning the power on and off. And it was. Put the controller fuse back in. Control works properly. Put the abs fuse in. Bingo! the controller stays on. The controller is getting a back feed from the abs.
What is going on?

woodywagonscott

Buick Ownership
96 Roadmaster Wagon
Well this is interesting. I did some troubleshooting. I pulled all the fuses in row 5. Checked that the ignition switch was turning the power on and off. And it was. Put the controller fuse back in. Control works properly. Put the abs fuse in. Bingo! the controller stays on. The controller is getting a back feed from the abs.
What is going on?
Ultimately did you solve the problem? If so what was the result?

Turbo Buick Badge