97 Lesabre front brake caliper bolt helicoil

rawheight

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
So I went to put new brakes and rotors on the front end of my car today and found that one of the caliper bolts on the right side had stripped the receptacle threads and the other one on the same side was starting to do the same šŸ™ƒ

Unfortunately none of the auto parts stores in town had the bolts or a helicoil kit on hand. The bolt P/N they gave me was "H5053" size M11x1.5

I've tried googling to verify the specs but couldn't find anything for sure and wanted to know if anyone else had run into this?? I've put those parts on order at O'Reilly and should have them tomorrow. Just hoping the shop's info was correct.

Homer Jay

New York
Buick Ownership
2001 LeSabre
So I went to put new brakes and rotors on the front end of my car today and found that one of the caliper bolts on the right side had stripped the receptacle threads and the other one on the same side was starting to do the same šŸ™ƒ

Unfortunately none of the auto parts stores in town had the bolts or a helicoil kit on hand. The bolt P/N they gave me was "H5053" size M11x1.5

I've tried googling to verify the specs but couldn't find anything for sure and wanted to know if anyone else had run into this?? I've put those parts on order at O'Reilly and should have them tomorrow. Just hoping the shop's info was correct.

HotZ28

SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS
You could probably replace the calipers for less than all the tools necessary to modify the threads.

Homer Jay

New York
Buick Ownership
2001 LeSabre
Agree with Z28, the best and safest option is to replace the caliper.
I'm assuming you confirmed the caliper slide pins threads are not the problem.

rawheight

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Unfortunately, it's not the caliper that is the issue. The slide pins/bolts go through the caliper and then thread into a large mounting plate that a bunch of other parts like the CV joints bolt onto. I am replacing the slide pins as part of this.

Homer Jay

New York
Buick Ownership
2001 LeSabre
Understood, sorry it's been a few years since I changed brakes on that set up. Maybe as an alternative research self tapping or oversized caliper bolts.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners