98 century bleed abs controller? Having some difficulties

Zerepdivad

Buick Ownership
98 Buick Century
Hi there,

I'm working on my 98 century. I replaced a few brake lines on the vehicle and am having difficulties with bleeding the system properly.

I am able to bleed the FL and RR and only fluid comes out and it comes out strong. The FR and RL are acting as though there is still air in the system and it comes out weak. I am able to bleed at the bleeders on the abs controller connected to the master cylinder but the one that controls the FR and RL seems to have the same issue as at the wheels so it seems like it still needs to be bleed some more.

I borrowed a Vetronix Tech2 from a friend to try and do the autobleed procedure but it does not appear to show that option when I put the information for this car.(it does show the option if I out in a different vehicle)

I have also read that many people simply go drive in gravel or a wet road and slam the brakes to activate the abs but it seems that I have a bad wheel sensor in the wheel bearing keeping me from being able to do that. (Code c1225)

I have read about people hardwiring the motor to run and I am thinking of doing that but I am not sure which wire on the motor to energize.

Sorry for the long post but any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20201129_213225778.jpg
    PXL_20201129_213225778.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20201129_205749857.jpg
    PXL_20201129_205749857.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 2

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
This may help on the TECH2

On the wheel hub checking the connectors are clean and secure along with no visible signs of damage to the wiring harnesse is the least expensive route before having to replace parts.

Zerepdivad

Buick Ownership
98 Buick Century
This may help on the TECH2

On the wheel hub checking the connectors are clean and secure along with no visible signs of damage to the wiring harnesse is the least expensive route before having to replace parts.
The problem is that the option for auto bleed is simply not there on the tech2 when I put in the information for this car. The option is there if I choose a totally different car.

I would like to be able to go do the slam on the brakes to activate the abs but it does seem that I need a hub since there seems to be some play but I don't want to spend the money on that unless I know I can get the brakes bled and working first.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Here's a video on the Tech2 ABS steps, but can't answer the question on the Tech2 and your particular vehicle.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!