98 regal with gremlins in the dash.

svarnster

Buick Ownership
regal
Thread starter #1
Hi I am new so please bear with me if I do something incorrect. 1st I would like to say hello . My wife drives a 98 regal ls it has been a great car. We have owned it since 02. 5 years ago or so the drive computer quit showing on the dash. Just recently the odometer started being dim as if the lights were on. Then the blower motor stopped working. I installed new motor and resistor. It worked off and on, after replacement the odometer quit lighting up all together. hit a bump and the fan might work or the odometer will get bright. does any one have any ideas about where the grounds are for these items.

svarnster

Buick Ownership
regal
Thread starter #3
I played with the fuse box under the hood and the 1 on the passenger side, and the blower motor worked for a minute until I recycled the ignition switch. still no odometer reading. and the auto head light s will go off if I turn the fan switch to low but lights work if I pull the actual head light switch to on.

svarnster

Buick Ownership
regal
Thread starter #4
Can anyone on here tell me how to check the ignition switch with a meter?

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
I had a 98 Regal and the odometer light stopped working all together. I had to replace the ignition switch as well. Obviously the car was not starting and some of. the dash lights were dim. But the odo remained off after replacing the ignition switch.

svarnster

Buick Ownership
regal
Thread starter #7
I had a 98 Regal and the odometer light stopped working all together. I had to replace the ignition switch as well. Obviously the car was not starting and some of. the dash lights were dim. But the odo remained off after replacing the ignition switch.
thank you for the response. I am going to do the resistor fix for the odometer and drive computer. the ignition switch replacement fixed the auto headlight and blower motor problems. what are some of the things you did to your car to increase the hp?

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
thank you for the response. I am going to do the resistor fix for the odometer and drive computer. the ignition switch replacement fixed the auto headlight and blower motor problems. what are some of the things you did to your car to increase the hp?
Following are the mods I did on the 98 LS... and most stuff I got from ZZP.

Cold air intake (made my own with a plexiglass enclosure ).
Power log in place of the front exhaust manifold.
2.5" downpipe with cat.
2.5" Catback with magnaflow muffler (can't remember the name of the catback.
Throttle body spacer and heat shield.
Modified higher lift rockers ( ZZP called them ER rockers)
HV3 intake plenum insert ( replaces the plenum runners )
Fuel pump hot-wire.
1.2 volt alternator booster ( very recommended, zzp also makes a 0.6 V booster cause some cars might not like the 1.2 V)
Transmission shift kit (not needed if tuning with HPTuners)

I might be forgetting a thing or two but that's most of it.

My own tune with HPTuners ( not a overnight thing when never used HPT before ).

Ran 14.3 @ 97 mph down the 1/4 mile, on 87 octane.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.