• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

99 Buick regal sc 3800 starts then dies

justinmosley30

Buick Ownership
99 Buick regal gs
This car has been giving me a headache it starts and runs for 6 seconds then dies. I did some reading and found a thread talking about a ballast resistor. Any body have a clue of what the problem is?

ElectricBlake

There is a dual pressure fuel pump in the tank. The resistor is located on the inner front fender wall under the washer tank. it is to regulate the voltage for the fuel pump from start to using the supercharger. Locate that resistor, and to make sure its your problem bypass it with a piece of wire. Or use the test in this video
GM Part Number: 88951182

justinmosley30

Buick Ownership
99 Buick regal gs
There is a dual pressure fuel pump in the tank. The resistor is located on the inner front fender wall under the washer tank. it is to regulate the voltage for the fuel pump from start to using the supercharger. Locate that resistor, and to make sure its your problem bypass it with a piece of wire. Or use the test in this video
GM Part Number: 88951182
I used the relay test and the car wouldn't start at all. When up put the relay back the car went back to 🏃 then dieing in 6 seconds. Will try MAF sensor next. Thx

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
I used the relay test and the car wouldn't start at all. When up put the relay back the car went back to 🏃 then dieing in 6 seconds. Will try MAF sensor next. Thx
Are you sure you don't have a security issue? When you first turn on the ignition switch (not start), does the security light flash, then go off? Have you checked fuel pressure at start?

Pedal Commander