'99 Custom - Electrical Issues

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
If you don't have a service manual this may be of use, not perfect but has wiring schematics along with enough details to be useful.

tiffany.may1999

Buick Ownership
1999 Lesabre Custom
Is it a "Pick and Pull" junkyard? Where do you live? What area?
Nah. Arkansas. This is someone's backyard. Hidden from the road. I just so happened to see a little buick peeking out and got their permission to go back in the yard..... When I got further back.... I was in awe. Now really these car are all in salvage condition. But the potential!!

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
I
I assumed that it WASNT conductive. Considering a battery terminal, if there's too much corrosion then you won't have a good enough connection to pull the required energy.

In my assumption, if corrosion WAS conductive then corrosion or buildup wouldn't be an issue on the terminal
I’m not positive. Easy way to find out if it is. I’m just speculating it was conductive basex on how it spread and where it came from. Corrosion is very resistant but I think it ultimately still conducts. Just poorly Which of course pulls a high draw on an energy source ready and willing to give. But idk

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
Unrelated to the original post; would you guys know why it sounds like a gun is being fired when I push my lock button on my door? It literally sound like a gunshot coming from somewhere in the rear. I was assuming something was getting hit.

P.S. You guys are going to see my name A LOT!! I work on my own car and I decided I wanted to keep my little boat due to the amount of SPACE that is in this car!¡ And my little engine is a good one. Highly under-rated car in my opinion.
What year. My 1990 olds which has a same or similar lock to a 1991-1996 park avenue(same button as yours???) is just how it sounds. It’s fast, loud, and very tactile response. I think the solenoids were less made with soft and smooth seeming function of modern cars

Get your turbo buick badge right here!