• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

A/C Compressor Noise?

TourX

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
I'm guessing here, but it was a flippant comment like "if it annoys you that much just trade it in for another car"? Or, we'll get you a new car and do whatever to make this right? I'm guessing the former? Owned three Lexus vehicles over 20 years, and had some issues with the last car and walked away from the brand when they failed to fix an out of warranty problem for a third time without me paying for the same repair for the third time. Mechanics now just replace whole systems, they can't diagnose what's causing the problem evidently, in my case it was an electronic power steering issue and their only solution was to replace the entire rack three times...

768mph

Buick Ownership
2020 Tourx Essence
UPDATE:

Buick CSR called me back and I’ll leave it simple and short.
“Buick has no fix and maybe they’ll come out with a recall with a solution.”

Case closed on my part.

Spoke with my father and he suggest installing a dielectric junction in line with the AC line. That will absorb the noise and cure the issue. Way more invasive but could be a possibility.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

TourX

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
I've noticed it is only really annoying to me when the AC is on and the fan speed is low ( I keep mine on auto) and doesn't drown out the AC line noise, I'm just going to live with it rather than have them tear up my car, it never goes back exactly like new. I am going to have the re-flash/software update on my nav head unit to solve various problems with pre-sets greying out and backup lines disappearing on reverse camera, and nav system periodically not working. Fingers crossed the refresh solves those issues, along with my window regulator replacement I'm just going to do normal maintenance going forward with 1 1/2 year left on my warranty. Good luck to you.

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
Red needle TourX
No fix (but a recall with a) solution.

Which way is it then?

RSE

Buick Ownership
2019 Sortback Essence
I had the compressor replaced, and the noise is less, but is still present. I can't find it now, but there was an article (TSB?) on the Cadillac ATS with the LTG motor, and compressor noise. It was the way the compressor was mounted to the block, that transmitted the vibration.

TourX

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
The rattle may be the skid plate was not screwed on right after an oil change. Happened to me.

Greyed out radio presets - sounds like you need the infotainment updated. I had this exact annoying issue for months upon months. It was fixed with 22.9 update, now they are on 22.11 fyi. Only the dealer can perform this, note it is free so don't let them try to charge you for it. If they try, I'd leave immediately and find a different dealer as you're not dealing with an honest one. Dealer replaced my antenna and HU [before 22.9 came out] trying to fix the presets issue...I told them it wouldn't work and it didn't. If you already have the 22.9 update, ignore all the above...and in that case I'd say yeah you need your HU and/or antenna replaced.
Had the software update a couple days ago, so far so good on radio pre-sets, back up camera lines and Nav. Thanks again. My XM radio stopped working a year ago and they fixed it by replacing my antenna, they didn't replace the head unit. I wonder if the software update back then might have been enough to fix those problems for us? Well anyway, fingers crossed everything continues to work as intended.

TourX

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
I had the compressor replaced, and the noise is less, but is still present. I can't find it now, but there was an article (TSB?) on the Cadillac ATS with the LTG motor, and compressor noise. It was the way the compressor was mounted to the block, that transmitted the vibration.
Glad it reduced the noise for you, I think I'm just going to let mine be, it's only really annoying in certain situations, like when the auto temperature setting is very close to the outdoor temperature. Thanks for the info on the ATS.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners