• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

A/C Issue

1992RML

Buick Ownership
1992 Buick Roadmaster Limited
It was in the mid 90's yesterday in Dixie Land and I drove the 92 RML for 150 miles to many small Southern towns the A/C blowing ice cold the entire time and I recalled the Buick service film I watched on Youtube and thought I would check under the passengers side carpet for moisture and taaaadaaaa there it was I also looked the the drain tube area and no elbow in place or maybe with time it fell off . Now I will have to find one. Check link below it comes up at 6:03 of the film .

1992RML

Buick Ownership
I found an original OEM drain plug on RockAuto I think there is only 5 left . The Link is below. 1 Other problem could be the seal on the evaporator case which I hope is not the case . I will let all know once the part is installed .

1992RML

Buick Ownership
I received my Evaporator Case Drain Hose installed it and went touring today and checked for moisture under the passenger side carpeting . Well its now off to plan B . There was still moisture still under the carpeting . I will have to get under the dash now !

Last edited:

57caddy

Buick Ownership
92 roadmaster
Remove the evaporator cover and RESEAL it. Also, put butyl 3m seal around the tube as it sticks out through the firewall, fill the gap, the elbows are available on Ebay, part # 22542866

1992RML

Buick Ownership
Remove the evaporator cover and RESEAL it. Also, put butyl 3m seal around the tube as it sticks out through the firewall, fill the gap, the elbows are available on Ebay, part # 22542866
Is the evaporator cover difficult to get to? I have the elbow . Are there any videos out there to your knowledge?

57caddy

Buick Ownership
92 roadmaster
Is the evaporator cover difficult to get to? I have the elbow . Are there any videos out there to your knowledge?
Yes, the cover is a pain in the ass to get to. You have to remove the under dash cover (easy), and then remove the cover lying on your back...I had to pay someone to do it, as I have back problems; 2 hours labor $175....You will see a deteriorated gasket, use 3M window seal from napa. There is NO replacement gasket available from GM. And you must fill the gap with the 3M stuff where the drain goes through the firewall!!!! GM was suppose to have a grommet there, but they screwed up.....no part number for a grommet.....No videos out there; if you need help from me, my email is; ciacutout at gmail dot com. Phil

Pedal Commander