A few quirks with my new TourX

Prox

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Hello all,

I have already learned a lot by reading through the posts on the TourX here and am grateful that this community exists, thank you all. Rather than asking a dealer about a few strange issues, I think I may have more luck here. Any info or wisdom on the following would be appreciated!

2018.5 TourX Essence, "New" UI, picked it up a week ago for a great price.

1. Does anyone have an issue with the automatic RR seat fold down switches in the cargo area? Passenger side doesn't fully release the seat or the spring mechanism isn't strong enough to release the seat-back into the down position. Not a big thing, but maybe I'm missing something?

2. I've read about the missing speed sign in the DIC and am having that issue. All I get is the white box with the two dashes in it no matter where I am driving.

3. The manual talks about an "exit position memory button" on the drivers seat, but I don't think we got those in the TourX (assuming you have the 8 way power seats). Can I adjust the exit position somehow?

4. There is a button to turn off the traction control, but it doesn't have its own light on the actual button. It only shows as "off" in gage cluster. Annoying. Anyway, does this button de-activate the Traction control AND the Stabilitrack? Manual says two pushes and each one turns off. I think there is a light for the Stabilitrack, but it doesn't go on. Second button push turns Traction control back on. Do I assume that JUST the Traction control has been turned off and the Stabilitrack is unchangeable?

The minor issue are all eclipsed by the comfort, power and general bad-assery of this vehicle.

Thanks

LeeH

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Tour X Essence
I can address the speed limit question. I had the same problem but discovered the reason before I drove off the lot. The speed limit icon is part of the navigation system. Mine was missing the SD card with MAPS (in my 2019 it is located in the compartment under the armrest.) My dealer screwed up and lost the card. The speed limit uses map info...not like Volvo that actually reads road signs. My salesperson drove out to my home with a replacement card and once installed all worked as should.

89quattro

Buick Ownership
2018.5 TourX
I can address the speed limit question. I had the same problem but discovered the reason before I drove off the lot. The speed limit icon is part of the navigation system. Mine was missing the SD card with MAPS (in my 2019 it is located in the compartment under the armrest.) My dealer screwed up and lost the card. The speed limit uses map info...not like Volvo that actually reads road signs. My salesperson drove out to my home with a replacement card and once installed all worked as should.
See post #9 in this thread...

2018 Tourx Essence speed limit?

My card is present and accounted for, but the speed limit icon is blank. Waiting till my appointment to replace the lower control arms to get this addressed.

toga94m

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
4. There is a button to turn off the traction control, but it doesn't have its own light on the actual button. It only shows as "off" in gage cluster. Annoying. Anyway, does this button de-activate the Traction control AND the Stabilitrack? Manual says two pushes and each one turns off. I think there is a light for the Stabilitrack, but it doesn't go on. Second button push turns Traction control back on. Do I assume that JUST the Traction control has been turned off and the Stabilitrack is unchangeable?
One push turns off traction. Hold it down for a long time (like 8-10 seconds?) and the center display tells you that Stabilitrak is off as well. Another push turns them both back on. I've also noticed (I think) that the cruise control is turned off by this, so you'll have to re-enable it after restoring the nannies. Despite having everything off, this wagon doesn't play in the snow as much as my 2006 BMW 530 wagon did - I believe it had more rear wheel bias. In the TourX I have to get turning a bit, then tap the brakes to briefly lock the rear end to break it loose, then commence entertainment.

Prox

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Thanks for your answers so far, the Stabilitack one would make me happy. Anything will be more fun to slide around in than my Subaru Crosstrek. That thing is so painfully safe that it was absolutely no fun in the snow.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Thanks for your answers so far, the Stabilitack one would make me happy. Anything will be more fun to slide around in than my Subaru Crosstrek. That thing is so painfully safe that it was absolutely no fun in the snow.
Strange, my 2014 Forester 6MT allows quite a bit of hooning in the snow even with TC, but my wife's 2011 Equinox watches over you like a strict school teacher.

Prox

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Strange, my 2014 Forester 6MT allows quite a bit of hooning in the snow even with TC, but my wife's 2011 Equinox watches over you like a strict school teacher.
Mike, there was a bootleg procedure I could do on the involving unlocking a pin switch through a small access port near the gear selector and then jumping a fuse to get a hoonable condition on the Crosstrek. Too much hassle and several warning lights would stay on. Otherwise, the Crosstrek was the most sure footed, dependable mountain goat I had ever driven. Already the the TourX is more fun with JUST the traction control turned off. Of course it helps to have an engine that can actually spin the tires....

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Mike, there was a bootleg procedure I could do on the involving unlocking a pin switch through a small access port near the gear selector and then jumping a fuse to get a hoonable condition on the Crosstrek. Too much hassle and several warning lights would stay on. Otherwise, the Crosstrek was the most sure footed, dependable mountain goat I had ever driven. Already the the TourX is more fun with JUST the traction control turned off. Of course it helps to have an engine that can actually spin the tires....
Civilian Subies are not known to cause nose bleeds form acceleration.

Prox

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Hello all,

I have already learned a lot by reading through the posts on the TourX here and am grateful that this community exists, thank you all. Rather than asking a dealer about a few strange issues, I think I may have more luck here. Any info or wisdom on the following would be appreciated!

2018.5 TourX Essence, "New" UI, picked it up a week ago for a great price.

1. Does anyone have an issue with the automatic RR seat fold down switches in the cargo area? Passenger side doesn't fully release the seat or the spring mechanism isn't strong enough to release the seat-back into the down position. Not a big thing, but maybe I'm missing something?

2. I've read about the missing speed sign in the DIC and am having that issue. All I get is the white box with the two dashes in it no matter where I am driving.

3. The manual talks about an "exit position memory button" on the drivers seat, but I don't think we got those in the TourX (assuming you have the 8 way power seats). Can I adjust the exit position somehow?

The minor issue are all eclipsed by the comfort, power and general bad-assery of this vehicle.

Thanks
A little update for anyone interested. I visited my dealer today and am having a few things investigated:

1. My non-sprung passenger side RR seatbacks SHOULD spring forward when the rear switch is engaged, but do not. Maybe incorrect seats for this trim line or a missing part? Dealer will order / fix next week.

2. Based on all the info here about this issue, dealer will fix / flash when above mentioned seat parts come in.

3. After much sleuthing on the interwebz, I think I have the answer here: Our crappy manuals are an unholy mish mash of the Regal and the Opel verbiage. GM seats usually have an actual EXIT position button (pic of a car with a door open on it) and the TourX seats do not. Not sure if the other Regal seats have this? Anyway, I found the Opel manual and it seems there is no way to set the exit position, the seat just moves back several inches if you have the "exit position" toggled in the comfort and convenience settings. Also different on the Opel is that to set a regular memory position, you hold both the memory button and position number button down simultaneously. How or why they would re-program that for the US market blows the mind.

4. Traction control issue answered in thread, just hold the button down longer.

LeeH

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Tour X Essence
Mine only appears blank when the road I am traveling on has no speed limit registered on the maps card. As soon as I turn onto a major roadway the speed limit comes up.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
I wonder if it's a setting...I remember on my test drive that I got an audio warning when I exceeded the speed limit a couple times. The car had to have known the posted speed limit in those areas. I'll dig around for that setting, see if it changes anything, and report back.

mymaestro

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
The audio warning for exceeding the speed limit is not connected to the speed limit sign you see on the instrument cluster. It's a separate single, overall setting that you configure in the menus.

mymaestro

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
On page 128:
Speed Warning : The Speed Warning display allows the driver to set a speed that they do not want to exceed. To set the Speed Warning, press > when Speed Warning is displayed. Scroll to Set Speed and press > . Press (check) to set the speed. Once the speed is set, this feature can be turned off by pressing (check) while viewing this page. If the selected speed limit is exceeded, a DIC message is displayed with a chime.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
On page 128:
Speed Warning : The Speed Warning display allows the driver to set a speed that they do not want to exceed. To set the Speed Warning, press > when Speed Warning is displayed. Scroll to Set Speed and press > . Press (check) to set the speed. Once the speed is set, this feature can be turned off by pressing (check) while viewing this page. If the selected speed limit is exceeded, a DIC message is displayed with a chime.
I'm up to about page 115 in the manual. It puts me to sleep.

Found out auto start does not work if low fuel light is on.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Ha ha, yeah I only ever reference the long manual when I have a need to look something up. I wouldn't have the courage to read the whole thing. Something about I'd rather claw my own eyes out...

I'm up to about page 115 in the manual. It puts me to sleep.

Found out auto start does not work if low fuel light is on.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.