• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

A letter from Buick about error P2138: accelerator sensor

Foxbat

Michiana
Buick Ownership
2018 Quicksilver Regal Sportback Essence AWD
Our letter was waiting for us when we returned from vacation. Wondering if we should just keep it in the glove box of our Red Needle Sportback "just in case"…

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Got mine yesterday.

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence - Dark Moon Blue, 2018 Regal TourX Essence - Rioja Red, 2009 Enclave CXL
Got the letter for the second TourX now so it must be all of the 2018s

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
April build and got this letter. Nothing to worry since the worst consequence of this issue is "reduced power" which is basically 100% of the case in your normal driving :)
It also stated that the check engine light will be on, along with a "reduced power" indication, so it will not be overlooked at all. When the issue appears, take it to the dealer.

Woundedpants

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Just had my pedal sensor replaced. It went when I had like 50 miles to go on a trip. 14k miles build date 12/18 tourx

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Just had my pedal sensor replaced. It went when I had like 50 miles to go on a trip. 14k miles build date 12/18 tourx

Did you feel reduced power? If so, how did the car drive? Does the car go completely into limp mode? Or were you still able to drive highway speeds but car was not as powerful?

PS - Hope your pants have a speedy recovery!

Woundedpants

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Did you feel reduced power? If so, how did the car drive? Does the car go completely into limp mode? Or were you still able to drive highway speeds but car was not as powerful?

PS - Hope your pants have a speedy recovery!
Yea it was reduced, it almost felt like the turbo wasn't there which was a little concerning at first. I was totally still able to drive highway speeds though. Just took a lot longer to build acceleration.

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
Guess this has to do with the Malibu lawsuit over the accelerator position sensor. The woman that filed suit said her Malibu would only go 20mph when it went bad.

G-25596

So far, I have had this issue 4x with my 2018 Sportback. They fixed it each time, but I am only at 77k miles and I am wondering how many more times it will happen.

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Thanks G-25596 for bumping this up, I had the CEL the other day for the first time and I forgot about this letter completely lol. Had mine repaird but it's kind of sad seeing that you have had this 4 times (!)

Get your turbo buick badge right here!