• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

A letter from Buick about error P2138: accelerator sensor

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
Red needle TourX
Does it reference a VIN number?
I'm not the original owner, and GM won't mail me the letter.

Yet, when I do a chat with GM they first say they don't have the info that my car is affected, but if I push them on online info they return and say yes the dealer should be aware...

bollox74

Savannah, GA
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Does it reference a VIN number?
I'm not the original owner, and GM won't mail me the letter.

Yet, when I do a chat with GM they first say they don't have the info that my car is affected, but if I push them on online info they return and say yes the dealer should be aware...
yes, my VIN is at the top & Dated Aug 2019

Yz85608

Buick Ownership
TourX
Are they still sending out letters. My 18 has been plagued with this code for a couple years now, primarily the code only happens in the winter time. (I’ve been cheating and just clear the code on the fly with a scanner app, but its becoming more frequent)1/18 build date