• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

A-pillar window trim

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
I found a divot in my driver's side A-pillar trim and went about seeing how much it (and a few other items) would cost to replace it. I figured the trim wraparound would be relatively simple and cheap to replace. Unfortunately, it comes as a one-piece unit with the small, triangular window ahead of the front side windows. Dealer wants more than $400 to replace them both. I used the dealer as a barometer to see what might be worth filing an insurance claim on, what I could afford and what should be left alone. Unless something or someone breaks that window, I'll leave trim divot where it is; at least it won't rust.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
I bought my 2013 used in 2016 with 27,000 miles.
Shortly after purchase I noticed the passenger side B-Pillar Trim piece had a piece of the glossy black cover chipped off of one of the corners. Maybe 1/2 inch square in total area, and the exposed metal underneath was rusting. I had the local dealership order a new trim piece and they replaced it while I waited. I forget the exact cost but it was around $170 with labor. Not sure if the damaged trim piece came from the factory like that or if it happened with the prior owner. Maybe caused by a drive through car wash that used brushes? Other than that one repair, the vehicle has been solid with no issues.