• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

A wagon to lust after now that GM has forsaken us

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
not yet
The Corolla wagon is sharp but I can't get past the every automaker's recent fascination with not integrating the screen into the center console. What is the purpose of this?

View attachment 25081

I am such a big fan of the MB E class dash design as shown in this car: https://www.carmax.com/car/19262208

Where the multimedia / radio / nav is integrated in the dash.

Can't stand the radios that stick out like a sore thumb.

Also, many years ago my uncle had a W124 sedan which to me living behind the Iron Curtain at the time was the best car I've seen in life.
Still now love it's shapes and the instrument cluster.

Did test drive one with 5.0 V8 years ago but was worried it would have been a money pit. Wanted a V8 after having a few Chevy 350 full size cars. Ended up with a Hemi Magnum.

dlbritton

NC
Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Preferred
My 2016 Mazda3 has the "tablet" sticking up screen but I have gotten used to it.
No touch screen when driving so you have to twist a knob and press it to select things.
That causes you to take your eyes off the road much longer than if they had an active touch screen.

Tonight in my TourX I sat down and just started going through every menu and option. Got a number of presets on the radio established. I like the speed warning but I wish it could be tied to the speed limit display (speed limit with nav only I believe) to go off at a set amount above the current speed limit.

I'm an old geezer and miss my CD player. I do have an old diskman setup I used with my 99 Subaru that I am going to try out.

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
not yet
In my 94 Chevy Caprice I installed the upgraded AM/FM/TAPE deck with AUX (I think it was 6) CD (not MP3) CD changer in the trunk.

This was around the time where GM had similar looking radios AM/FM/TAPE or AM/FM/CD. The second type could have a aux tape deck I think this was used in some SUVs.

Fun stuff.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
In my 94 Chevy Caprice I installed the upgraded AM/FM/TAPE deck with AUX (I think it was 6) CD (not MP3) CD changer in the trunk.

This was around the time where GM had similar looking radios AM/FM/TAPE or AM/FM/CD. The second type could have a aux tape deck I think this was used in some SUVs.

Fun stuff.

Ha! My '93 Stealth with a pretty nice Mitsu stereo also had the aux input for a Diskman...the previous owner had installed a 6-CD changer (remember those and finding just the right CDs to put on "Shuffle"?) in the hatch. Taking that car on road trips was pure heaven. Still miss that ride. It was only a base model, but it was quick enough and had a great exhaust note. FWD and handled great in snow, too.

Silverarrow

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
1963 Riviera, 2020 TourX Essence
Safe to say if people bought "Wagons" in the U.S like they do SUV's, they're be more Wagons offered.

But then SUV's would be the niche thing folks would pine for...

I'm sure there's a well established algorithm that rationally lays it all out...and stuff.

So you can't win.

landsharkmz3

Baller wheels, put the stock diameters to shame.

Nicholalala

Buick Ownership
Tour-X
Tour X reborn? Vauxhall-Opel was sold by to Peugeot-Citroen.

ready2fly

Sarasota, Florida
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Preferred II
Tour X reborn? Vauxhall-Opel was sold by to Peugeot-Citroen.

This was already widely discussed here. New company is called after Stella Artois.

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Avant Wagon
I dig the green accents. 360hp would be a nice bump over 250.
CCADDA7D-C5D0-4B80-B4A1-D57D00655CC9.jpeg

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
You know though I'm getting spoiled by the Twin-Clutch AWD in my TourX. I'm thinking my next vehicle is either torque vectoring AWD or RWD with a mechanical LSD.

That probably puts me firmly in the coupe/sedan/hatchback market.

dlbritton

NC
Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Preferred
Safe to say if people bought "Wagons" in the U.S like they do SUV's, they're be more Wagons offered.

But then SUV's would be the niche thing folks would pine for...

I'm sure there's a well established algorithm that rationally lays it all out...and stuff.

So you can't win.

I have a Mazda3 hatchback w/manual/cloth and am lusting over the upcoming turbo AWD Mazda3 hatch (250HP, same as the TourX) but it is automatic only and leather only. I was just reading an article that said the new turbo Mazda CX30 (crossover version of the Mazda3) is going to be the new "Hot hatch". I thought "What about the Mazda3 awd turbo?" . At the end of the article the author said currently the Mazda3 sedan accounts for 2/3 of Mazda 3 sales and that the CX30 also outsells the Mazda3 hatch even though the CX30 has less cargo space inside and sits higher so it doesn't corner as well. I guess the USA is going to be nothing but Pickups, SUVs and Crossovers in the near future.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I was reading something recently where the author said (paraphrasing) "There are two types of enthusiasts, those who want to feel the g-force of straight line acceleration and those who want to feel lateral g-forces driving through curves."

The part of America that buys V8 BOF pickup trucks and SUVs (and Challengers and Chargers...) still wants to feel the straight line acceleration. Those of us who have bought things like the TourX (and traditional hot hatches) wants to feel the g-force of skid pad type maneuvers.

When I bought my TourX a family friend said: "I didn't know anybody still made wagons. I guess I'm a truck guy." Which is an understatement he usually has more BOF vehicles in his personal fleet than you think he could drive in a week.

I told him, "I found I can go faster if I'm lower to the ground, can't fight physics."

Last edited:

dlbritton

NC
Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Preferred
I was reading something recently where the author said (paraphrasing) "There are two types of enthusiasts, those who want to feel the g-force of straight line acceleration and those who want to feel lateral g-forces driving through curves."

The part of America that buys V8 BOF pickup trucks and SUVs (and Challengers and Chargers...) still wants to feel the straight line acceleration. Those of us who have bought things like the TourX (and traditional hot hatches) wants to feel the g-force of skid pad type maneuvers.

When I bought my TourX a family friend said: "I didn't know anybody still made wagons. I guess I'm a truck guy." Which is an understatement he usually has more BOF vehicles in his personal fleet than you think he could drive in a week.

I told him, "I found I can go faster if I'm lower to the ground, can fight physics."
The TourX is primarily my wife's and car she likes a good handling car for the twisties in the mountains. We may fight over who drives it when I go to the ski resort to teach this winter. On clear weekends I'll probably take the TourX and on snowy weekends I'll take the Subaru because I won't be driving the curves hard.

My cars since college have been: MGB, Mazda RX7, Honda CRX, Acura Integra hatch and Mazda3 hatch (still have). It's about the handling and not acceleration.

Her cars since high school were: 66 Mustang, Honda Accord, Honda Accord, Mazda 626 hatch, Mazda 6 hatch, 2008 Subaru Outback (last real Subaru wagon), 2019 TourX.
For snow/3rd car we also had: 1984 baby Jeep Cherokee, 1999 Subaru Outback, 2008 Subaru Outback (still have).
For her, hatches or wagons since 77, for me, hatches since 79 plus the Jeep and 2 Subaru wagons.

Last edited:
Get your turbo buick badge right here!