• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

A wagon to lust after now that GM has forsaken us

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
The body seems to have several similarities (especially aft), chassis-feel sounds familiar (hopefully better in that thing since it's a bit high $). Boy am I glad my TourX is only 'petrol'-powered. Thanks for sharing, I like it!

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
The body seems to have several similarities (especially aft), chassis-feel sounds familiar (hopefully better in that thing since it's a bit high $). Boy am I glad my TourX is only 'petrol'-powered. Thanks for sharing, I like it!
I guess I harp on it because one of the more realistic Stellantis scenarios I see is that Chrysler dies (sorry they're down to just the 300 and Pacifica now) and Dodge gets revived with an injection of Peugeot models. Most true Luxury buyers are going to buy loaded up Jeeps or RAM trucks, The Pacifica and Voyager are the same vehicle in different trim and could be combined under one banner at Dodge. Keep the current Dodge lineup except replacing the Journey with some CUV/MPV from Europe and flesh out the rest of the Dodge lineup with smaller cars/wagons/CUVs from the Stellantis family. Make Dodge a "full line" brand but with a performance edge.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
If that happened, could I forget about it being a "chrysler-product" mostly because so much in vehicles has changed, and name brands don't really mean anything anymore?

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence
Not really a wagon but I was strongly considering an Alfa Romeo Stelvio (a Fiat Chrysler product). But the reliability issues (and associated European repair costs) scared me off.

I have neighbors with Audi's, BMW, and Mercedes and the repairs are insane.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Not really a wagon but I was strongly considering an Alfa Romeo Stelvio (a Fiat Chrysler product). But the reliability issues (and associated European repair costs) scared me off.

I have neighbors with Audi's, BMW, and Mercedes and the repairs are insane.
Another SUV, hard pass... 😩
And because of this vehicle, they cancelled the wagon version of their sedan.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Well there's this....

mini_20clubmancprjcwwg2fb_angularfront.png

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
So does the Cayenne, or JGC Trackhawk.
Still does not change the laws of physics though. 🙃
You talking handling? The Stelvio has a 0.93 g compared to 0.8 for the TourX. Maybe not a fair comparison though because the Stelvio costs more and doesn't have as much cargo room. But the Stelvio handles a lot better.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
You talking handling? The Stelvio has a 0.93 g compared to 0.8 for the TourX. Maybe not a fair comparison though because the Stelvio costs more and doesn't have as much cargo room. But the Stelvio handles a lot better.
Handling is one aspect.
Not the whole package. And then, we can absolutely put on some stickier tyres to improve the "g" number on our wagons.
Someone has to shoot me before I would even think about getting these ugly land whales.

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
Handling is one aspect.
Not the whole package.
Someone has to shoot me before I would even think about getting these ugly land whales.
To each their own. I love my Traverse and my Sportback but for different reasons.

Buick Ownership
2011 Lacrosse CXL AWD
I see Volvo has already been mentioned but the V60 Recharged Polestar edition is worth another look.
300hp 2.0l supercharged/turbocharged fwd and two electric motors drive the rear wheels to make up the rest.

Just click on the pic to see the full picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210425-160331_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-160331_Chrome.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210425_163256.jpg
    20210425_163256.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Put Tires on the TourX. My Performance snow tires upped the road holding quiet a bit. Bet the Pilots I have in storage will make it crispy.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Any one see that new "ruggedized" really cladded ugly out and lifted Outback "wagon"

It has a skid-plate and lower final drive, but still a poser as it lacks a low range. I want tractor gearing for off road trail type of stuff as well as full 360 degree cameras. Less it it just a soft roader, that will go crunch a bit less than the TourX.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Any one see that new "ruggedized" really cladded ugly out and lifted Outback "wagon"

It has a skid-plate and lower final drive, but still a poser as it lacks a low range. I want tractor gearing for off road trail type of stuff as well as full 360 degree cameras. Less it it just a soft roader, that will go crunch a bit less than the TourX.
Yeah it's the "Wilderness" edition and it also loses 3 mpg to the standard Outback. :ddpuke:

They'll sell every damn one of 'em too. Soon to be joined by a Crosstex Wilderness, a Forester Wilderness, an Ascent Wilderness...

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Avant Wagon
Yeah it's the "Wilderness" edition and it also loses 3 mpg to the standard Outback. :ddpuke:

They'll sell every damn one of 'em too. Soon to be joined by a Crosstex Wilderness, a Forester Wilderness, an Ascent Wilderness...
BRZ Wilderness?
BDF7A087-D85F-4E53-B2E4-A8BE40BEB1B1.jpeg

Get your turbo buick badge right here!