ABS Delete. Need help finding Non-ABS Master Cylinder for Cardone Booster (Regal LS 97)

strider

Buick Ownership
Buick
Hi!
I am trying to delete ABS and trying to find Non-ABS Master Cylinder (with Bleed screws) for this Cardone 54-74804 brake booster (Regal LS 97).
Current Cardone 13-2714 master cylinder has 1.0 inch bore diameter.
The current master cylinder has 4 output (2 of which doesn't even have threads) and bolted directly to ABS (no break lines between ABS and master cylinder).
Its ABS VI Delphi.
Was going to order Cardone 13-2714 than realised it doesn't have Bleed screws!
Checked master cylinders for All cars listed for installed booster - they all use same type master cylinder with 4 output holes.
Thank you!

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Bleeders screws are not required so at least in theory Cardone 13-2714 would be a choice.

strider

Buick Ownership
Buick
Bleeders screws are not required so at least in theory Cardone 13-2714 would be a choice.
Don't get your point sorry.
How to bleed master cylinder if there's no bleed screws?
Its probably for a car that has bleed screws on ABS?

strider

Buick Ownership
Buick
Rockauto 132851, 2 port.

13-2851 has 4 ports (here's link to Cardone site). I actually installed exactly this part # myself, so I'm pretty sure;)
There's 2 top and 2 bottom ports. 2 bottom ports don't even have threading, so it cannot be used without bolted ABS (doesn't seem possible to secure say a line in 2 bottom ports).

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
My 07 and 95 don't have them, so not sure why they are needed for what you are trying to do. Bleeding happens at the other end by the wheels and there have been no bleeders on master cylinder for years.

Don't know what the specs are for the Cardone so in theory it could work for your requirements on removing the ABS.

strider

Buick Ownership
Buick
Rockauto also lists these boosters for this car (I guess they all have the same bore):
CARDONE 5474804 Fitswith 4.62" Push Rod

SKP SK5474804 w/ 4.62" Push Rod

SKP SK5474825

CARDONE 5474825
QUALITY-BUILT B1033 w/ 4.62" Push Rod

POWER BRAKE EXCHANGE 80422

strider

Buick Ownership
Buick
My 07 and 95 don't have them, so not sure why they are needed for what you are trying to do. Bleeding happens at the other end by the wheels and there have been no bleeders on master cylinder for years.
This make sense, thank you! I am just a beginner in brakes, you need to explain me how things work;)

strider

Buick Ownership
Buick
Distance between centers of mounting holes (to booster) on master cylinder is 85mm.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
13-2851 has 4 ports (here's link to Cardone site). I actually installed exactly this part # myself, so I'm pretty sure;)
There's 2 top and 2 bottom ports. 2 bottom ports don't even have threading, so it cannot be used without bolted ABS (doesn't seem possible to secure say a line in 2 bottom ports).
I clicked on the link you provided and the description says it has two ports.

strider

Buick Ownership
Buick
I clicked on the link you provided and the description says it has two ports.
Not sure what they mean. 2 holes at the bottom definitely pass fluid (metal sticks that go into bottom holes empty inside in and 2 rubbers on each).
I believe 2 upper holes pass fluid also.

Attachments

• IMG_20210312_195753508_result.jpg
    IMG_20210312_195753508_result.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 2

strider

Buick Ownership
Buick
Found this about proportioning valves in master cylinder:
"The propositioning valves are designed to provide better front to rear braking balance with heavy brake application."
and
"The proportioning valves are located in the master cylinder and proportion the brake fluid to each caliper or wheel cylinder, after a predetermined amount of pressure has been reached. This feature maintains a proper brake force "balance" during all braking maneuvers."

Does this mean I must install also proportioning valve with non-standart master cylinder?
Anybody knows whats the difference between upper and lower fluid ports in Cardone 13-2851? (same as on photo above)

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
A proportioning valve might still be considered for the rear brake lines only and are available in the aftermarket.

It's a lot of unknown components being put together that need to be balanced out to operate, it's not really plug and play, but include some options for adjustment if required.

strider

Buick Ownership
Buick
How to determine if (Regal LS 97) has Traction Control System or Enhanced Traction System (ETS)?
There are 3 very similar chapters in GM book on ABS that differ only by presence of these systems, don't know which chapter is for my car.

strider

Buick Ownership
Buick
Talked to Cardone certified technician, he is not even aware that there are 4 ports on master cylinder, and he had no clue whats the purpose of upper/lower ports, said "we just manufacture".

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Talked to Cardone certified technician, he is not even aware that there are 4 ports on master cylinder, and he had no clue whats the purpose of upper/lower ports, said "we just manufacture".
Have you had the master in your hands and actually confirmed the unthreaded holes are actually ports?

strider

Buick Ownership
Buick
Have you had the master in your hands and actually confirmed the unthreaded holes are actually ports?
Of course. I still have old master off the car, there're holes to master internal space in both bottom ports.
There's also 2 proportioning valves in master that seem to balance fluid between each 2 vertical ports.

strider

Buick Ownership
Buick
I am ordering flare pipe connectors online (for brakes).
There're inverted type connectors and bubble type.
Say I need to connect 2 lines with bubble flare on lines.
What connector is right?
What inverted connector means?
Looking at this set.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Basic brake system outline, beyond that it's what is installed that can be used as is, what may be modified or new components needed.
upload_2019-5-23_13-17-11.jpeg

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners