• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

ac compressor not engaging

jormorales

Buick Ownership
Encore 2015
2015 Buick encore base 1.4 - need to force ac compressor to engage through relay (fuse box) in order to recharge refrigerant (very low). where is ac compressor relay located in under hood fuse box (not mini fuse 35)?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
If it's not in the listed in the fuse and relay boxes, not sure why it's being looked for. Go back to the source of the relay information and see if they can provide more information. How was the system checked for low refrigerant?

jormorales

Buick Ownership
Encore 2015
Every search performed on similar type vehicles including Buick, speak of relays in addition to a fuse(
#35)
Was the compressor working at the time when you mesured it? If not I'm not sure if this will help as there could be other items that should be checked, just a option.

Compressor clutch not engaging — Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice
Compressor did not ebay as I was testing, at first was flat on refrigerant, after charging with a smaller can other than the a.c. Pro mentioned it seemed to fuse from minimum to just a little. But compressor failed to engage. Should I try filling with smaller can until it registers enough to engage or try some other method. Left Buick dealership in Miami and was told compressor was bad and repair would let almost $1200, when a new compressor online is $275 max. Maybe it's just Miami 's gangster culture.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Yeah being in Miami AC is generally mandatory in the next months. Depending on milage and living in a warm climate it may be bad as its used more. You may want to try a independent shop, god knows in FL there's enough of them for AC, and get a second opinion.

Pedal Commander