Adding Heated Seats - Possible?

ads1987

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Verano
Hello all. My 2014 Verano has every feature I could ask for, except heated seats. I was wondering if anyone had any experience adding heated seats to their car. I know there are aftermarket kits for heated seats, but I would ideally like to add it in a more OEM fashion. Also wondering if anyone has added them at the dealer. Thanks in advance.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Hello all. My 2014 Verano has every feature I could ask for, except heated seats. I was wondering if anyone had any experience adding heated seats to their car. I know there are aftermarket kits for heated seats, but I would ideally like to add it in a more OEM fashion. Also wondering if anyone has added them at the dealer. Thanks in advance.
You would need to find a set of used seats and install them. This is a link to the seat components and you would have to order each one assuming they are still available.

ads1987

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Verano

ads1987

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Verano
rather than go to factory heated seats ,go with aftermarket heated seats , this would be a cheaper option . yes you would have to find a place for the switch and a switch power source (cigarette' lighter).this is an example HI-OFF-LO Round Switch Seat Heater 2 Seats Heated Seat Kit Fits 12V Cars Trucks | eBay
I considered the aftermarket option, but an aftermarket kit would be something that I would have a pro install (not comfortable with messing with auto electrical). Most places I've found around me are charging $500.00 for the kit and installation. And for that $500, I'll have heated seats, but with super cheap looking (IMO) switches, and no remote start integration (heated seats come on automatically depending on outside temperature). For around the same price, I can buy the HVAC control and the two front seats from a scrapyard, and assuming they're plug and play, I can install them myself and have OEM controls and remote start integration.

ads1987

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Verano
So update: looks like it's more work than I'm willing to do to add factory heated seats. In addition to seats and HVAC panel, I'd also have to get all the wiring harnesses to the HVAC panel and to the HVAC control module. So I think I have no choice but to add aftermarket heat to them.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners